A good joystick for helos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good joystick for helos?

I've been using the keyboard only and I'm doing good but I'd like to get a joystick to fly helos and jets if possible.

What are you using, leet pilots around here?

Re: A good joystick for helos?

Originally posted by spondi_killer
    I've been using the keyboard only and I'm doing good but I'd like to get a joystick to fly helos and jets if possible.

What are you using, leet pilots around here?
    Im using Logitech Extreme Pro 3D. Im not 1337, but my gunners dont complain :P.

Its a good stick for the money. With a twist handle rudder and the whole shabang.

Comment

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. Very nice - wouldn't have it any other way.

It's the stick in the picture on the back page of your BF2 manual btw.

Comment

I prefer using my keyboard for flying helo's but I would definatly recommend using a joystick for flying jets. It makes it a tonne easier and more enjoyable because you can pull more moves

The joystick I use right now is the Freedom 2.4 cordless joystick by Logitech, its alright but its wireless so it looses its connection if you don't use it for a while and sometimes it cuts out and you end up crashing before it reconnects unless you dive for the mouse/keyboard. If you want a good cord joystick though I would recommend the Logitech Extreme 3D PRO joystick. It is what my brother uses and its good.

The Cordless is like $70-$80 Canadian, and the cord one is around $50-$60 Canadian.

Comment

Originally posted by m0ttz
          I prefer using my keyboard for flying helo's but I would definatly recommend using a joystick for flying jets. It makes it a tonne easier and more enjoyable because you can pull more moves

The joystick I use right now is the Freedom 2.4 cordless joystick by Logitech, its alright but its wireless so it looses its connection if you don't use it for a while and sometimes it cuts out and you end up crashing before it reconnects unless you dive for the mouse/keyboard. If you want a good cord joystick though I would recommend the Logitech Extreme 3D PRO joystick. It is what my brother uses and its good.

The Cordless is like $70-$80 Canadian, and the cord one is around $50-$60 Canadian.
          Theres a program to set the "sleep time" to a longer period.

Comment

Logitech Attack3....cheap and cheerful.
            Considering the time I spend flying Helo I could actually stick with my keyboard

Comment

If your really interested in flying/jets/helis then you really should invest in a joystick because if you come up against someone who is ,your going down in flames ,thats if he isnt a total nub.

Comment

Working...
              X