If a server crashes, do stats save?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If a server crashes, do stats save?

Since 1.3 crashes all the time (yes I know 1.4 supposodly will fix it tomorrow), I was curious if your stats save for the round from that server if it goes down.

Re: If a server crashes, do stats save?

i dont think it does, i know that if u like get kicked from a server and if u go bk on it in time u will still have ur previous score though.

Comment

Man, that sucks. I've been getting really good rounds in with high scores just being infantry and it seems the server always crashes :/

Comment

Yes it does if you can rejoin quick enough. I had a CTD last night so I rejoined didnt kill anyone or die for remainder of the round and it had retained my previous score of 13kills-15deaths.

Comment

Ye it sucks big time, ive once been ten tickets off winning with 200 points well in the lead and the server crashed...

Comment

Originally posted by ojmcduffie
            Yes it does if you can rejoin quick enough. I had a CTD last night so I rejoined didnt kill anyone or die for remainder of the round and it had retained my previous score of 13kills-15deaths.
            Hes talking about Server Crashes not CTD's.

And in response to the OP, No, they dont save, the server crash is essentially the BF2 server program dieing.

Comment

I'd love to hear this from a developer, as I'm not sure I agree with you Deliverance.

Assuming player's stats are written to disk (like most server log files) as they're accumulated then, after a crash, the server daemon should notice the 'old' stats and send them off to EA. It can then create a new stats logfile.

If, however, the stats are cached in memory, then you're most likely borked!

Comment

If the server crashes before the round ends, your stats are not saved.

Comment

Originally posted by epoch
                  I'd love to hear this from a developer, as I'm not sure I agree with you Deliverance.

Assuming player's stats are written to disk (like most server log files) as they're accumulated then, after a crash, the server daemon should notice the 'old' stats and send them off to EA. It can then create a new stats logfile.

If, however, the stats are cached in memory, then you're most likely borked!
                  I dont think they are written to disk, why would they need to be written to disk? Maybe temporarily while the server compiles them and prepares to send the data to the stats server, i assume it multi tasks this while its loading the next map to reduce the amount of bandwidth needed when the game actually starts.

Ive certainly never seen a log file on servers containing player scores.

Comment

It's just a database. It would seem logical to write some sort of transaction file, for recovery purposes in the event of a crash.

Hang on .. EA .. Dice .. logic?

Yup. Stats get burned.

Comment

Server Crash = no stats sent.

Kicked, banned, CTD = you get what you had up to that moment. You can rejoin to continue adding to those stats, but you don't have to, AFAIK.

Comment

Nope... too bad. All points / awards are lost on server crash

Comment

Yep, definitely lost upon crash. I've lost quite a few awards, plus a promotion, because of this.

Comment

The best and only good thing about server crashes,is you get to hear the drums again for a promotion or a badge. I actually enjoy the many times I get on a server as a private and earn all sorts of badges for the basics... Points lost are annoying, but don't mean much to me anymore.

Comment

I think as long as the server doesn't crash, your stats save. Even if you get kicked or whatever. The only difference is you won't get a gold/silver/bronze star if you deserved it before being kicked. So if you're play a game and are losing, and decide to quit before the game ends, you'll still get the loss and your stats for that game will still count.

Comment

Working...
                              X