Why I'm really happy about 2142...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I'm really happy about 2142...

OK, so I've vented my discontent towards EA/DICE at the upcoming BF2142 and stated quite firmly that I will not buy it. And I still won't. However, I did some thinking and am quite excited about it getting released. And here is why. 2142 will hopefully be a stinker in terms of sales, because:
    A) A lot of people don't like the concept
    B) It's too similar to BF2
    C) Its based on the same POS engine as BF2 which people are wary of and might be just as buggy as BF2
    D) A lot of people are anti-EA now due to the very poor support/patching of BF2

So after the game tanks, like the booster packs and to a lesser extent SF has for BF2, they'll face facts, stop treating their fanbase like gullible idiots, and go back to the drawing board and make the game BF2 should have been, if not better. With:
    A) A damn near bulletproof engine in terms of stability
    B) More maps released to the entire fanbase, not just booster packs which only segment the community to those with and those without the packs
    C) More gameplay modes
    D) A return to semi-realism instead of Sci-fi, maybe during the Soviet era?

This will of course take a few years to happen, but I live in hope. In the meantime though, I cant wait to play one of the truly exciting and innovative games thatll be released over the new year. Or maybe even BF2 depending on the new patch....

Re: Why I'm really happy about 2142...

What is your problem? keep what you think to yourself just because you dont like battlefield 2142 doesnt mean no one else does, I for one am going to get it as i think its gonna be such an improvement on bf2.
    Even if bf 2142 doesnt succeed i doubt Dice will go back to bf 2 as they have been there done that etc etc...

Comment

Re: Why I'm really happy about 2142...

Originally posted by mlkmnz
      OK, so I've vented my discontent towards EA/DICE at the upcoming BF2142 and stated quite firmly that I will not buy it. And I still won't. However, I did some thinking and am quite excited about it getting released. And here is why. 2142 will hopefully be a stinker in terms of sales, because:
      A) A lot of people don't like the concept
      B) It's too similar to BF2
      C) Its based on the same POS engine as BF2 which people are wary of and might be just as buggy as BF2
      D) A lot of people are anti-EA now due to the very poor support/patching of BF2

So after the game tanks, like the booster packs and to a lesser extent SF has for BF2, they'll face facts, stop treating their fanbase like gullible idiots, and go back to the drawing board and make the game BF2 should have been, if not better. With:
      A) A damn near bulletproof engine in terms of stability
      B) More maps released to the entire fanbase, not just booster packs which only segment the community to those with and those without the packs
      C) More gameplay modes
      D) A return to semi-realism instead of Sci-fi, maybe during the Soviet era?

This will of course take a few years to happen, but I live in hope. In the meantime though, I cant wait to play one of the truly exciting and innovative games thatll be released over the new year. Or maybe even BF2 depending on the new patch....
      A- The more people learn about it the more they like it. Lots of poeple that initially though "oh noes, lazerz!!11!" have changed their mind after seeing some in game footage.

B - It uses the game engine, but it is more refined and should be a better game. The mistakes made in BF2 will NOT be appearing in 2142. Quake Wars uses the Doom 3 engine, is that going to be a piece of crap too? What about all the other games out there? Find me a game that has NO BUGS AT ALL.

C - I only see a couple of Anti-EA people here. If they hate EA so much, why are they still hanging around and playing BF2 no less? Talk about hypocritic logic huh? Those people are usually the ones that are unable to contribute to a community in any way except for being negative. I guess everyone has to have some role. Even the people that are claiming to be "haning around for the mods". Need I remind those people too that the mods will be using every single core BF2 file? So if BF2 sucks, then by that same logic how can the mods be that much more superior?

D - The BF2 engine is one of the most advanced if not the most complex in design and game play in existence to date. The way that the elements are coded is too complex for making simple changes because so many aspects share similar elements.

E - You are basically crying over spilled milk saying BF2 "would have, could have, should have" been this way or that way. 90% of the people that played BF2 enjoyed it and they got their moneys worth, I think you did too you just don't want to admit it I see.

BF2 has had its fair share of problems, you aren't bringing any new discovery to light. It is still one of the most fun online FPS in a long, long time despite the problems. Funny how people still continue to buy and play BF2, hence the steady and recent increase in noobs all over the place on all servers across the board. I will be buying 2142 and all I can say is that all the other criers don't buy it I do not see it as a big loss to the community.

Comment

Working...
      X