Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: how well will it run

Originally posted by pvt. Claymore
    if i put 2 gigs of ram will it be able to run on high?
    Have you tried running the game at all with your current rig? Download the demo and see what that does for you.

Originally posted by Merlin
    Straight back at you dude
    Well if I ran a 9700 Pro with a P4 2.4 on medium with a good framerate, I would have to assume a graphics card twice as good should produce a fine frame rate with high/medium settings, NONE would have to be low.

People need not spend a fortune to get this game running well.

Comment

The only way to find out whether your PC will run it is to click on the BF2 icon and play the game, it has worked for everyone else I know.

Comment

Originally posted by mlkmnz
        Well if I ran a 9700 Pro with a P4 2.4 on medium with a good framerate, I would have to assume a graphics card twice as good should produce a fine frame rate with high/medium settings, NONE would have to be low.

People need not spend a fortune to get this game running well.
        A 2.4 P4 is way faster than a an athlon 2400+, compare the FSB speeds. The 9700 is puny compared to a 6800, and needs no where near the same sytem memory bandwidth to operate at its maximum. Your 9700/P4 situation is the exact opposite of the 6800/2400+. You had a slow graphics card with plenty memory bandwidth, he has a fast graphics card with not enough memory bandwith. Understand?

An AMD xp2400+ will bottleneck the far newer 6800 graphics card. So dont just look at the graphics card and think this will run fine, the rest of the system has to be on par as well.

I agree with you that people dont need to spend alot of money to get the game running well. But buying a graphics card that wont run very well in your system is not wise, its just a watse of money.

Comment

Working...
        X