Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shooting through foliage

Originally posted by Sloi
    Another reason to boycott 2142, because we all know it'll be more of the same f*cking garbage.
    This is hilarious. Every complaint is being converted into a reason not to buy another game...

Comment

Originally posted by MrBenis
      Am I a moron or can't we shoot through foliage?

I swear to god I'm getting ropey over missing people POINT BLANK on full auto because somehow this crappy bush in my face seems to absorb my bullets like a sponge.

A year after I started playing, and I have to ask this..
      A 50 cal bullet will NOT penetrate a 2 millimeter thick palm frawn, don't you know anything man? Remember, that's the same palm frawn that will blow up a helicopter.

:laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by sassback
        thats BS, but i never noticed this. also somethin that isnt right is that a tree can stop a 70 ton abrams dead in its tracks.
        So can street signs that I could probably rip down by hand.. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Comment

I remeber throwing a nade at some foliage, just bounced right back.

Comment

maybe because unles soyu get the incrimental, each patch is all the other patches changes add the new ones? now its got 2 maps, new settings and lots of tweaks.

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaCueUp
              YES!!

ive noticed each patch getting bigger, and bulkier, and slowing down my game's performance....i dont know if its only me.....but ive also had to lower my graphics settings TWICE in 3 patches....because of a drop in performance with each patch.....
              U ain't kidding Alpha, I went from zero lag to plenty of it. The bugs and imbalances are second to the lag on my fix list.

Comment

So, back on subject... Yes the bushes block stuff. They are made of titanium. As a perfect example:

In SF at the Plaza flag near the American spawn on Warlord. The flag is surrounded by bushes. If you go prone next to the wall at the base of the flag, even tank shells will not kill you. Mind you the only thing between you and the tank are the bushes. You can even be looking at the guy laying prone and fire into the bushes and not kill him. Game code at it's finest people.

Comment

Didn't you guys know that in the Middle East and in the Far East the shrubbery and other plant life is made from organic Kevlar?

Originally posted by Miniman
                  maybe because unles soyu get the incrimental, each patch is all the other patches changes add the new ones? now its got 2 maps, new settings and lots of tweaks.
                  What in the universe are you talking about?

Comment

According to most of your theory's the sniper must be invincible

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi
                      Another reason to boycott 2142, because we all know it'll be more of the same f*cking garbage.
                      I dunno about you, but I am pro-2142.

Sick of the douchebags in BF2, they can keep their -=RD=-Volx's to themselves.

Comment

yep.....

Comment

Originally posted by MrBenis
                          I dunno about you, but I am pro-2142.

Sick of the douchebags in BF2, they can keep their -=RD=-Volx's to themselves.
                          Any game will have them, I don't care which game you pick. The trees and bushse in BF2 eat bullets like a fat kid eats cake

Comment

Back on-topic:

I really donno what's going on with static-mesh hit detect. Sometimes bushes "eat it" (as it was so well stated), but other times it doesn't seem to be a problem.

Definatly something flakey going on.
                            *shrug*

As I've said before: It's wierd. It happens. It's BF2!

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaCueUp
                              YES!!

ive noticed each patch getting bigger, and bulkier, and slowing down my game's performance....i dont know if its only me.....but ive also had to lower my graphics settings TWICE in 3 patches....because of a drop in performance with each patch.....
                              I checked 1.0 version before I played 1.3. FPS loss is HUGE, and thats an understatement. I also play the Demo, and I can get to play with Medium across the board (Thank god for ATI 9600 upgrade from 9550SE), in 1.3, I have to re-set everything to low, with view distance 80% if I want to have a perfectly fluid (40-50FPS) gameplay on land. In air, its not that big of a problem, 30 FPS is sufficient for me in air.

Anyway, as for foliage in BF2 being bulletproof, thats nearly not as big of a problem. Compared to some other games, where people can take cover behind these little japanese trees, being shot at from AK47 and even naded and leave the scene unscratched...

Comment

Didn't you know... the plants used in BF2 are known as Kevlarius Acanthus,
                                a.k.a Glandis Periculum Acanthus. Dice spent years perfecting the breed. Coming soon to BF21242.... Glandis Periculum Aeris.. look it up to know the meaning....

Comment

Working...
                                X