How To: Eliminate Enemy Helis with an M95

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To: Eliminate Enemy Helis with an M95

This technique is used to eliminate enemy choppers with an M95! Yes and M95!

First, you must have the M95 unlocked obviously, secondly you must have a good placement point by where usually the damaged helicopter frantically flees for repair at home base. Its pretty obvious, they usually go the same way, especially on some maps like Wake Island.

Once you have your placement expect to wait a bit, you may engage other targets but try not to attract too much attention. Now it gets to the fun part, the game started 5min ago, the helis had a fight, yours teams heli was shot down while the opposing team is whimpering back to home base for repair.

Spot the heli and take aim, it will be smoking usually, aim anywhere, adjust accordingly, now shoot, it will usually take just 1-4 shots to bring it down. Even if he tries to manuever the accuracy for an object of that size is still good.

Once the heli is down the damage may have been done to your team, but you have stopped it from happening again for a while.

*Another tip, shoot the cobra when its coming from behind you, overheard of you, and infront of you, this will allow for more shots to be fired.

*Tip by "PlaneWhore": "If you can shoot the helicopter through the cockpit glass the bullets do double damage. One hit entering the helicopter and an extra one exiting."

Re: How To: Eliminate Enemy Helis with an M95

If you can shoot the helicopter through the cockpit glass the bullets do double damage. One hit entering the helicopter and an extra one exiting.

Comment

hey, good point there, PW!

Comment

or just shoot the piolet and the whole mess crashes and burns.... that works too

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneWhore
          If you can shoot the helicopter through the cockpit glass the bullets do double damage. One hit entering the helicopter and an extra one exiting.
          Oh! Wow no wonder!

thx dude

Originally posted by jgoodwin27
          or just shoot the piolet and the whole mess crashes and burns.... that works too
          Kinda hard sometimes to do...

Comment

Quick question; does shooting a helicopter (or any vehicle for that matter) count as a hit? I'm pretty anal about my sniper accuracy rating...

Comment

Quick question; does shooting a helicopter (or any vehicle for that matter) count as a hit? I'm pretty anal about my sniper accuracy rating...
              Pretty sure it does. I'll take potshots at vehicles if there's nothing better to shoot, and my accruracy's still just above 60%

Comment

sumtimes the m95s dont go threw glass at times

Comment

lucky for u guys to even hit the stupid thing everytime i shoot a copter it turns around and blows me into a different expansion pack

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneWhore
                    nice tip..lol

Comment

I always shoot at Helos with my M95. You can acutally chase them off your team if you do enough damage to them!!

I did not know about the double damage through the cockpit glass though.
                      Can anyone one confirm that this is indeed true???

I usually go for the piolet but if I can not get a clean shot at the cockpit, then I shoot just under the rotor.....can normally chase off a chopper in 6 shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Barguast
                        Yeah whenever you get a hit indicator icon appear on crosshair it affects your accuracy.

Comment

Originally posted by kulamonster3
                          I always shoot at Helos with my M95. You can acutally chase them off your team if you do enough damage to them!!

I did not know about the double damage through the cockpit glass though.
                          Can anyone one confirm that this is indeed true???

I usually go for the piolet but if I can not get a clean shot at the cockpit, then I shoot just under the rotor.....can normally chase off a chopper in 6 shots.
                          Oh yes, it definately is true. I have shot down 100% health choppers with my M95 through the glass. lol But it wastes too much ammo, so i just aim for the pilot

Comment

i tryed this and the chopper found me. guess what happened

Comment

Working...
                            X