Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what GPU do you recommend i upgrade too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what GPU do you recommend i upgrade too?

i have a

3.3 GHZ P4 HT
    2 GB RAM
    256 MB 9800 XT

as you can see i have an AGP card i just want to upgrade it a bit for 2142 and some other games then next year im getting a brand new computer so im not gonna upgrade this motherboard for PCI-E

Re: what GPU do you recommend i upgrade too?

The latest one on the market since you didnt provide a budget to work with.

Comment

give us a budget and well tell you

Comment

$100 to $200 i suppose would work

Comment

maybe a 7600GT? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130283

ull be able to play all high with that card and 2 gigs of ram.

Comment

thats PCI-E.....i only have AGP slots on this computer...

Comment

Try a Nvidia 7600gs or an Ati x800gto

Comment

I love my x1600 (ATI), its AGP as well and has 512mb of VRAM, I paid $150 for it and I can run any game with max settings well (runs BF2 maxxed out at like 60fps)

EDIT: Forgot about Oblivion, so it's just about any game with max settings. It might not be completely maxxed out but it just about is, and it looks damn nice.

Comment

Originally posted by punkpber16
                  I love my x1600 (ATI), its AGP as well and has 512mb of VRAM, I paid $150 for it and I can run any game with max settings well (runs BF2 maxxed out at like 60fps)
                  512mb of vram is pointless when paired with the x1600's 128 bit memory interface, IMO. And so your saying you can run oblivion or hl2 episode one with all settings maxed? yep, mhm, whatever you say.... And what res and aa do you play bf2 at.

Comment

Originally posted by TehFunk
                    512mb of vram is pointless when paired with the x1600's 128 bit memory interface, IMO. And so your saying you can run oblivion or hl2 episode one with all settings maxed? yep, mhm, whatever you say.... And what res and aa do you play bf2 at.
                    I run BF2 with 4x AA, and 1280x1024 resolution and runs very, very smoothly. And I'm not sure about Episode One, because I don't one it (wasn't really that interested in owning it) but I do run Oblivion with just about everything maxxed out (thats probably the only game I play that isn't full maxxed out, I forgot about it when I made that statement, as its been about 2 months since I've seen my computer).

Comment

Lmao Oblivion is a heavy demanding game, I run it on low and some mediums and still get lag especially out in the forests, the graphics are amazing and so is the game, but it is very demanding. I have a 6600 256MB PCI-E and I run BF2 on all mediums and AA X2 and at 1280x1024.

Still the 6600 has impressed me greatly, alough its not the top of the range card, it runs Quake 4 on all High, FarCry maxed out, Doom 3 all High and COD2 on High. I haven't had a decent ATI card, the last one I had was a 64MB Radeon 9000. That didn't quite cut it for me, I could only really play CS and Sof2 every other game like Doom 3 lagged. But upon getting the 6600 it has not only lasted long but it has ran all my games to a high standard. Sure with new games like GRAW and Oblivion and new games to come it won't be as effective but its doing pretty well until then.

Comment

Also, I'm probably running a better rig than Mao, so he may not get the same outcome from the x1600 like I do.

My rig:
                        P4 3.4 o/ced to 3.6
                        2GB of Kingston "Extreme Gaming" DDR500 HyperX RAM
                        WD 80GB 10k RPM Raptor Drive
                        ATI x1600 Pro (512MB)

Before I got the x1600, I had a 9800 pro (128mb) and was able to run BF2 with everything on high, no AA and 1280x1024 without lag.

Comment

If your on AGP and your not going to swtich to Pci-e for a while, spend a bit more for the 7800gs
                          P.S. Wrong section

Comment

Working...
                          X