Modified Content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modified Content

I was trying to get into a Euro Force server today and it wouldn't work because some error came up about have modified content and reverting back to the official version. I tried a few other EF servers and the same thing happened but it didn't happen on any normal maps like Karkand etc.

I reinstalled BF2, installed 1.3, installed EF and it still coming up!!
    The only thing that has been modified is the videos at the start which I deleted because they are pointless.

Please help me.

<Bump> Someone please give me a little help.

Re: Modified Content

hey im getting the same problem, i can play all bf2 maps and SF maps but not Euroforces maps, i haven't tried uninstalling but you have and still it dont work, im clueless as well...someone on a different forum told me that if you uninstall everything and delete everything in My Documents thats in the BF2 folder, then reinstall everything, patch it and it should work, he said it worked for him but i dont have my orginal bf2 cd's anymore so im not gonna take the chance of uninstalling it because i can't reinstall it, so if you try this let me know if it works...

Comment

That is what I did. I totally wiped BF2 off my pc.
      Sorry to tell you.
      I'll contact EA or Dice and tell you if they say anything.

[EDIT]

TRY HERE: http://eauk.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eau...i=&p_topview=1

Dunno if this works. I'll try it

Comment

Make sure you reinstall the full 1.3 patch after you install EF.

I would go ahead and reinstall the full patch anyways if you are getting the modified content error, sometimes the patch does not work correctly the first time.

Comment

yeah i just tried that about 5 mins after my post and it worked just reinstall 1.3 after you have installed EuroForces it worked for me

Comment

so what do i do?
            1 - Install bf2
            2 - install ef
            3 - Install 1.3

but when installing ef u need to have at least patch 1.22 ro something i think?
            Ill try it soon..

Comment

Originally posted by SpannerMagnet
              so what do i do?
              1 - Install bf2
              2 - install ef
              3 - Install 1.3

but when installing ef u need to have at least patch 1.22 ro something i think?
              Ill try it soon..
              As posted elsewhere, you can reinstall the 1.3 full patch as many times as you need to.

For installation order, try this:

BF2
              SF (expansion if you have it)
              full 1.3 patch
              EF
              full 1.3 patch
              AF

The AF booster already has the files that the 1.3 patch has incorporated into it so you do not need to reinstall the 1.3 patch after installing AF as long as it was installed before AF.

But,,,,,with the release of the new 1.4 patch coming this Tuesday, you will need to install the 1.4 patch after AF is install. You can then use the 1.4 full patch anywhere you would use the 1.3 patch as listed above.

New 1.4 full patch install order:

BF2
              SF (if you have it)
              1.4 full patch
              EF
              1.4 full patch
              AF
              1.4 full patch

The reason for the patch install after EF but before AF is cause AF requires you to be patch to at least 1.3.

If you did not have SF but buy it at a later date, you can install it but then you will need to reinstall the 1.4 patch after installing SF.

Comment

Patching to 1.3 fails after I try patching again after isntalled EF

Yay got it working guys!

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Note: Many single player mods such as 64 player maps and AI bot changers cause all sorts of problems when entering multiplayer.
                  Before you go to the lenths of uninstaling-instaling get rid of these files first... (If youv'e used them)

Comment

Working...
                  X