Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joint Task Force (Best Modern Tactical RTS ever!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Joint Task Force (Best Modern Tactical RTS ever!)

The 5th screenshot down, I take it thats someone trying to take down the choppers with the 50 cal? lol.

Looks a good game, nice graphics.

Comment

Looks pretty fun, hope its atleast as good as Act of War.

Comment

Oh I'm sure it will be!

Comment

man, i just watched the trailers and this game looks sweet. im definatly gonna buy it

Comment

Looking good. Not sure about a buy (I don't play games in general much anymore) but looks damn good.

Comment

Originally posted by USARANGER01
              man, i just watched the trailers and this game looks sweet. im definatly gonna buy it
              Great news! Continue spreading the word, this is a great game, but most gamers don't know about it because of games like Company of Heroes (Yes, the 526th Western Europe RTS) are the main focus. Sad really :cry:

Comment

Demo is out now... you can find it here:

Comment

looks awesome

Comment

Be sure to grab the demo and swing by the forums with any comments you have!

Comment

Only played one mission so far, before I had to get back to work. Its pretty fun, though the only mission I got to play left me in control of only 6 troops. The next one should be the fun one, with control of a whole lot of things.

Defiantly looks like it has potential though.

I'll post more later.

Comment

were can u get the demo?

Comment

Wow.. I haven't been able to play the game yet but reading the forums it seems this game is going to be a block buster.

I kind of gathered all the important comments about the game from:

-------------------------------------------
                          After playing through the demo one time, I thought...

...graphically, the game looked fantastic (I had all options set to max)

...the unit models look very, very good (some of the best I've seen)

...the sound and music were pretty good

...the voice-overs could have been a little better

...I wish I didn't have to install the AGEIA PhysX driver since I don't own a PhysX card but I guess it's neccesary regardless of whether you have the hardware or not?

...I like how the edges of the map are shrouded in fog and just kinda fade out rather than stopping abruptly like a lot of RTS games

That's all so far. Now back to the game!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
                          I love it! Just finished both missions, and I'm very impressed. My machine is far from fast, and it handled most of the settings on high just fine. My only gripe is that throwing the cursor to the side moves the screen WAY too slow - even after changing the speed in the Options. I gave up and went back to the arrow keys . . . which isn't good if I want to use those for direct control. Speaking of which, I couldn't get it to work. I'm sure it does, I was just focused on playing.

I noticed that you can capture emplacements after nearly destroying them. I love the explosions and the weather effects, it feels very natural. I also have to mention the experience/promotions/etc. It works great, too. I like that we can bring officers along with us from previous missions, and that they are the ones who gain new skills as their experience increases. They're believable skills, too. So far, so great!

I'm going back to try different things, will probably have more later!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FANTASTIC STUFF!!

Fore some reason I just knew this game would deliver the goods and it does!!

This game will be purchased day 1 of release!!

I love all the details in this game and it runs so smoothly too!

Love the water and the shark swimming in it!!

Very FUN GAMEPLAY! Two thumbs way up!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          This is one great game.

The repair system is very realistic - I like that you have to request supplies, too. Having the engineers there is a unique way of pulling it off - and it makes a ton of sense.

I figured out direct control, and I don't think I'll be using it often - I kept getting jammed up against things, even though they appeared to be far enough away from my unit.

I do wish the infantry lasted just a little longer, and that air units were a little more powerful - especially the harrier. I was expecting some air-to-ground ordinance other than the gun, and was disappointed that it was not any more suited to attacking vehicles than a group of infantry. I loved the gun on the hind, though. Infantry seemed very expensive for their vulnerability. I noticed that you can't order a blackhawk for transporting units between points in the map - I was constantly wishing for one of those.

The changes in the map were also interesting, and always kept me guessing and redeploying.

Vehicles NEED formations. Some kind of single-file and facing formations would be great. I hated selecting a group of vehicles and having them end up all over the place in the general area around where I wanted them to go. Pathfinding could use some tweaks, too.

This is a very fast-paced game, as much as I tried to take things slow.

Well, as I re-read this, it sounds much more critical than I actually feel. I know the game is gold and nothing will change now, but it would be nice to see some improvements in a patch soon after release. I know I'm one person, and you can't please everyone. And don't get me wrong, this is one of the best RTS's I've ever played - I'm definitely picking this one up as soon as it hits the shelves. In fact, I can't wait until it hits the shelves . . . I may just have to hijack a delivery truck before it gets to the store . . .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, just beat the demo... now onto what I thought about it.

*sits for 10 minutes trying to think of how to explain how extremely *%^#ing awesome the game is*

Well, to start off, the game is wonderful. The first mission got me into the mood and feel of controlling the units. Took me 3 attempts... you know that's a good thing when I've played RTS' my whole life and should beat any mission in an ordinary RTS first try. That said, this RTS is not ordinary.

The graphics are insane, it got a little choppy in some parts but I was able to tone down the settings enough so that I could enjoy a good visual experience along with a good gameplay experience.

The tactical command center is amazingly awesome. All the different roles it preforms; Outfitting your soldiers with gear, repairing/rearming vehicles, outfitting HMMWV's with new weapons (The list goes on). Very neat feature!

All the civilians roaming that village were awesome. It really finished off the atmosphere. As my M1A2's charged in with gunners manning the top turrets RPG's and "Support Infantry" rounds were flying all over. We quickly took care of those Razz . Only problem was that a few too curious civilians got maimed but that's okay Laughing .

Storming buildings manually is pretty cool, only thing that was extremely frustering is when they get bottlenecked in the entrence and mowed down by the Guerilla's inside... but I eventually learned how to streamline the process. Finishing the buildings off with C4 was great too Smile .

I could go on and on, but I won't. From the demo, you guys at MWE get a 15/10 in my book and I am very excited to see the rest of the theatres of operation! Thank you for making such a great game, now I'm going back to beat it again! Smile

Found this:

Comment

F*CK YA! downloading demo now. cant wait to play it

2 hours 26 minutes
                            DDAAAMMMNNN.................

Comment

Company of Heroes is better. Better graphics, gameplay, interface, and tactics. I've been playing both demos all day and although JTF is well done and has good graphics, I'm spending my money on Company of Heroes.

Comment

Well, you do have to remember that CoH is also one of the most over done themes in the gaming industry. JTF, while not quite as "Advanced" as CoH, defiantly is great for people who have been waiting for a modern RTS.

Comment

Working...
                                X