• Help!

so i have this CPU

FX 5700 256 mb
    512 MB DDR Ram
    AMD 300+

and i want to update it to

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4765190 this video card

so the questions are

do i need any special tools to put in that video card? install cd anything?
    i want to buy a gig of ram, does it have to be DDR? like this one? http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3884647

will the motherboard accept the video card?

Re: Help!

i dont think thats the best vid card u can get with x1300 but i souldnt be talking since i dont kno that much about ati cards

u wont need anything really to install ur vid card...when u first put it in and boot up, ur screen will be very shaky, so i recommend downloading the ati drivers first from their site and then when u plug in the card, just install the drivers and everything will be fine

wat mother board do u have? or wat type of video card is ur FX5700? is it pci-e or agp?

Comment

GeForce FX5700 Agp 8x

Comment

lol didnt think walmart sold decent cards like that jk. anyway it is very simple putting them in unplug everything and line it up in the slot and push down until it is secure. but i have to warn u the x1300 will not even get u to medium settings. i play with a x1600 pro 512 mb pcie right now and could play on medium with low fps

Comment

Here is the procedure I used to install a new graphics card in my system. I also needed a larger PS: It's from and old post in another forum.

Benchmark

Driver cleaner

Power supply calculation =352 W

Power Supply Calculator - Select computer parts and our online PSU calculator will calculate the required power supply wattage and amperage for your PC.

I am hoping that one or more of the technically experienced Brothers will read this and tell me if I have missed anything my upcoming upgrade.
          1.0 Install PS
          Power Supply Calculator - Select computer parts and our online PSU calculator will calculate the required power supply wattage and amperage for your PC.

gives me a value of 352W so 350W should be OK
          2.0 Benchmark

3.0 Uninstall Nvidia driver for old card
          4.0 Reboot to safe mode and use Driver cleaner

5.0 Turn off computer and install new card
          6.0 Install ATI driver from CD that comes with card
          7.0 Benchmark
          8.0 Uninstall ATI driver, use driver cleaner
          9.0 Install Updated driver for ATI
          10.0 Benchmark

Comment

thank y´all, x1300 not good really? oh thats crap, well i dont want to spend a lot of money, im saving for a VISTA pc when it comes out ...

Comment

sgt pci cards dont work with agp motherboards so its not compatible with your motherboard

Comment

Hey, just ask your friend / technician / genious geek neighbour to intall Vista on your comp. Don't save for it.
                And I suggest you buy NVidia cards. Most of the game companies work with them, they offer a bit more performance, and I just like them.
                I think you can get a better card with this price. Try the 6xxx series from NV.

Comment

Originally posted by GbeTech
                  Hey, just ask your friend / technician / genious geek neighbour to intall Vista on your comp. Don't save for it.
                  And I suggest you buy NVidia cards. Most of the game companies work with them, they offer a bit more performance, and I just like them.
                  I think you can get a better card with this price. Try the 6xxx series from NV.
                  lol about vista im talking about geting a video card and other components for it ... ive heard nvidia isnt that good with AA

Comment

Working...
                  X