BF2 AA/AF Setup Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 AA/AF Setup Help?

Im looking to use HQ AF and Im wondering if I can get some help achieving this because the game doesnt have this option.

Rig:
    Asus A8N-E
    AMD X2 4200+
    2GB OCZ Plat. 3200 DDR
    X-Fi XtremeMusic
    x1800XT 256mb PCI-E
    Antec 500w PSU
    WD SATA 120GB OS
    Catalyst 6.7 w/CCC

Re: BF2 AA/AF Setup Help?

Cant you find it in ATI control center?

Comment

Yes, but if I set it there it will apply to all games and some games like F.E.A.R will chug at the BF2 Settings.

Comment

Originally posted by picachux
        Yes, but if I set it there it will apply to all games and some games like F.E.A.R will chug at the BF2 Settings.
        Well turn it off when u play other games

Comment

thats because ATI still doesnt have game profiles while nvidia has had it for years. I had a ATI card a few years and HATED it because of that crap. They also dont have the DIGITAL VIBRANCE option that nvidia has to make the colors really stand out. Performance was there with ATI but they are missing tons of things nvidia has that i really like. I have been back with Nvidia for a few years and will stay with them until they bomb out like they did with that complete POS line of cards like the FX series...complete trash!

Comment

the guy is only asking for help of AF not about the love you have to Nvidia Wickedslammy, anyways is not hard to change the driver setting when going game-to-game, i dont do it much since AF is not a big eyecandy so maybe just leave it there, ALSO you may get ATI custom drivers like "Omage ATI driver" that driver i believe has game profiles and its normally based on ATI's lates driver version.

good luck

Comment

Thanks I'll probably check out the Omega driver's and I stumbled on Ati Tray Tools which has what seems to be a great profile setup.

Comment

Originally posted by warup89
                the guy is only asking for help of AF not about the love you have to Nvidia Wickedslammy, anyways is not hard to change the driver setting when going game-to-game, i dont do it much since AF is not a big eyecandy so maybe just leave it there, ALSO you may get ATI custom drivers like "Omage ATI driver" that driver i believe has game profiles and its normally based on ATI's lates driver version.

good luck
                i was commenting on the hassle of having to fool with AA and AF settings for every game. I used to use ATI TRAY TOOLS to quickly change it but i would rather have had a automatic setup like nvidia does.

Comment

Originally posted by WickedSlammy
                  i was commenting on the hassle of having to fool with AA and AF settings for every game. I used to use ATI TRAY TOOLS to quickly change it but i would rather have had a automatic setup like nvidia does.

It's not a problem, I knew about the whole Nvidia having game profiles. It's just that at the time of my purchase all I could afford was this x1800XT which I got used from anandtech forums. Otherwise I would have gone with a 7900GT, Maybe next time.

Comment

Working...
                  X