Priority change causes lag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Priority change causes lag

Up untill tonight I've been able to up the priority for the game without problems, but now the game starts lagging if I change priority higher. What gives?

Re: Priority change causes lag

Changing priority can have a lot of hidden negative side effects...input lag is one of them.

I never recommend playing with process priority.

Comment

Yeah I also changed the priority of my BF2 and I wasn't able to play with the amount of lag I was getting from changing the priority....

Comment

It's weird cause untill now it's worked fine. But it's no biggie, not sure if it had any effect on game play anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOak
          It's weird cause untill now it's worked fine. But it's no biggie, not sure if it had any effect on game play anyways.
          you may find its absolutely nothing to do with the app priority, it may just right itself, dont forget you can occasionally have instances when bf2 will be more laggier than normal, this is irrespective of whether you have changed the priority or not. if you havent changed anything that you think would cause this lag then hangfire, dont be tempted to change your settings.

i am terrible at thinking its something i have always done, like if my adsl goes down, im like omg what i have i changed in the router or something only to find after the event that my provider had a whopping big notice of scheduled downtime on its support site....just an example of what i mean :-)

see if comes any better on its own.

adam

Comment

Working...
          X