Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video Card Artifact? Or Crappy BF2 Mapping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Card Artifact? Or Crappy BF2 Mapping?

When I like zoom in at things with sniper rifle, im always seeing like white dots on the ground or on the bottom of things. Is this just the mapping and everyone sees it or is it my video card artifacting? And also bf2 crashes suddenly like it wont say anythign just bam theres the desktop. It happens maybe once or twice a week, depends how often I play, but its been doing it ever since I got the game, it also does it on other games too but only a few, like Rome total war.

Re: Video Card Artifact? Or Crappy BF2 Mapping?

can we see a screenshot?

do this happen too?

Comment

im not sure what your tryign to show me in the screenshot but this is whats happening. The white stuff is like glitching it blinks and moves a bit.

Comment

Are the white dots only on the bottoms of the foliage? In the picture you provided, it looks like a problem with the map.

And in the first screenshot, there's a huge line-like artifact running up from the tank to the left.

Comment

dont worry i ge that too, its probably tearing or something. try setting vsync on and see if it goes away. the picture i showed u was a person taking a screenshot of bf2 artifacting. did you see the horizontal line going from top left??

Comment

oh wow lol i cant beleive i didnt notice that line, i must of been thinking powerline or something. The white dots are like at the very bottom of most objects, but its just when Im zoomed in. Ill try turning on Vsync and see what happens. Do most people use vysnc someone a while back told me to turn it off.

Comment

have the same problem did u overclock it and is it a ati because ever since i overclocked it i have been getting those ****ty dots all the time when im sniping

Comment

That looks like a Video Card/Settings bug - I would try messing around with the settings and updating your graphics card drivers, it might just be like that because BF2 doesnt supposrt your video card, it doesnt support mine but I dont get the dots either...

Comment

I have a evga 7900gtco, I bought it when the first came out. Its at stock 500/750.

Comment

thats wierd dude, sorry i cant help ya

Comment

vysnc didnt seem to do a thing, actually now I can see the white without zoom when I look at stuff from far away. I dunno, it could just be something with the map, cuz theres other crap always messed up like roads blinking as in it changes to another texture when looking at stuff from another angle.

Comment

well if you really want to know if your card is dieing (artifacting) you can load up 3dmark06 and run a couple loops of deep freeze and see if it starts artifacting. if not your card is alright, if a cards dieing it always never passes deep freeze w/out problems.

Comment

I can help it happen to me before so...your gonna have to reinstall the game the files screw up so reinstall then get "FULL" v1.3 patch '

__________________________________________________ _______________
                          99% of BF2 players punish for teamkills. If you are one of the 1% who don't punish for teamkills copy and paste this into your signature.

Comment

Ill probably reinstall bf2 soon again, but I cant run 3dmark06, my monitor doesnt support past 1024 by 768 so I cant use it. Is there anything that does the same thing that supports my resolution.

Comment

Dont worry, I get that in long distance sniping. So its probally the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X