Gui information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gui information

basically this is a bunch of ideas to improve player awareness through the gui.

-Show how many people are spawning at a spawn point on the spawn GUI with a number next to the point. If everyone is going to spawn on the deck, I would like to know about it so I can spawn elsewhere. This is especially important at the beginning of a round. Also it would be nice if translucent friendly players were displayed on the spawn GUI like unoccupied vehicles are now.

-When checking what kits my squad and team have, I often find a skull where if they were alive it would be their kit. On the squad GUI and scoreboard put the dead in red and alive in blue, so that we can still see the kit symbol regardless of if they are dead or alive. It would also be good to know how many of a given kit are on the entire team, this info would go on the kit selection GUI next to each kit.

-Change the manage squad colors so that players already on a squad would show up green, regardless of weather they are living or dead. This would save a lot of headache.

Re: Gui information

Originally posted by roger smith
    -Change the manage squad colors so that players already on a squad would show up green, regardless of weather they are living or dead. This would save a lot of headache.
    In the manage squad menu (correct me if I'm wrong) you only see those who are inside your own squad right? I don't really understand your problem there.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggie52
      In the manage squad menu (correct me if I'm wrong) you only see those who are inside your own squad right? I don't really understand your problem there.
      He wants to be able to identify people who are in any squad probably so he won't waste time inviting them to his squad. While it is possible that someone might quit their squad to accept his invitation it's more important to get others into squads.

Comment

A simple fix to the Dead-nokit icon in the Tab menu (or caps lock) would be to not change the colors...but instead just change the NAME ONLY to grey when they are dead. Leaving the kit still the appropriate color.

I'm spent.

CCC

Comment

thats fine, as long as the kit doesnt get replaced by a skull n crossbones.

Comment

the obvious problem to me (and why I always figured the kit wasn't displayed for dead players) is that no kit is selected before spawning...and kits can be changed right up until the last second.

I mean, a lot of people just let the timer run down and respawn whatever they were before being killed...but how would the server know that?

Implementing your suggestion would mean that when I die as engi, but come back as AT, the server would keep my old info on your screen and you'd think I was still coming back as engi.

Comment

I thought he meant that he wanted to know what kit they had upon death... That way you would know if it was a medic and worth the trouble to run over and swap kits to revive them. I could be wrong. If I am, then you're right. I spawn as a different kit almost every time I die in order to get revenge or to fit the needs of the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by sm007h
                the obvious problem to me (and why I always figured the kit wasn't displayed for dead players) is that no kit is selected before spawning...and kits can be changed right up until the last second.
                great point, but would it slow down servers any if this information was updated on the fly?

Comment

Working...
                X