Does anybody else get this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody else get this...

If I'm in the Stinger/IGLA and a jet flies over and I get a lock on him, my first AA missle will sometimes (often) fly off as if I fired it without the lock-on, whilst the second will normally chase the jet like it should.

It's not a case of me firing too early either, I wait for the lock symbol to appear and the tone, then fire. But the first is always a dud. It's annoying because you obviously have to fire as soon as you can because the jets are so fast, so it's no good me giving the lock a few extra seconds to make sure the missles will definitely chase because the jet will have flown off.

To me, it seems like a net code problem - my computer saying I have a lock yet the server saying I don't.

Anyway, just wondering if anybody else gets it...

EDIT: And before anybody says; yes, I get a good a ping on the servers I play on: 20-30ms

Re: Does anybody else get this...

it seems to happen with the first shot, yes i get this often aswell. given the state of aa, this only compunds the problem.

Comment

lead the target......

Comment

Originally posted by zipp0r
        lead the target......
        sorry dum dum, it has nothing to do with that, the missile flys straight, no arch at all, as if its not even locked.:cussing:

Comment

I'm sure it's something the DEVS intentionally did in the name of balance. The first one almost always blatently goes haywire.

Comment

yes because jets didnt have it easy enough?

Comment

Today, I weakened a J-10 in my F-35 and was out of missiles, so I switched to bomber mode (so he wouldnt kno I was behind him) and got really close. As soon as he went into a straight line, I opened my guns and took him down. If your missiles miss, dont think the battle is over.

Comment

Originally posted by EC-Paulus-
                Today, I weakened a J-10 in my F-35 and was out of missiles, so I switched to bomber mode (so he wouldnt kno I was behind him) and got really close. As soon as he went into a straight line, I opened my guns and took him down. If your missiles miss, dont think the battle is over.
                So what you're saying is...jump out of the AA and shoot the plane with your gun? Gotcha!

Comment

Originally posted by Track
                  So what you're saying is...jump out of the AA and shoot the plane with your gun? Gotcha!
                  lmfao:laugh: ...I was referring to how both AA missiles and F-35 missiles miss a target and do sh!t.

Comment

Originally posted by EC-Paulus-
                    Ya, that is a great trick from the beginning of the game.

Comment

Working...
                    X