Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Solution to stat padding

Originally posted by SirCyRo-iNT
    Our server has that rule as well. We didn't have it at first, but its something we added later. Its a pain in the patuey to enforce it though. Makes admin'ing a server a chore.

Maybe "Point Whoring" is a more proper term.
    Hey tell me about it. It wouldn't be a chore if the point whores would follow the rules but we both know some people either can't read or think the rules don't apply to them. Its more like a job than playing a game sometimes.

Comment

No no just have 2 points a kill, but in an uncap you get only 1. The other ideas are great.

Comment

the solution to stat padding is to stop giving a crap about stat padding.

seriously, it has no impact on your game-play.

I dont do it, I dont care about those who do... Im not diluded (sic) enough to think that Im going to climb from 137,000 to #1 in the world... all the stat padders between me and #1 are meaningless.

The solution is to stop caring.

I will say that Planetside had an interesting solution to a similar issue (spawn camping)...

A players "worth" was a factor of his rank and the time he'd been alive and the number of times he'd been killed recently.

If a Colonel in BF2 were worth, say 10 points, then each time you kill him in a 1 minute period his value is cut in half... The incentive to spawn camp goes away soon as he becomes worth only 1 point and eventually maybe even 0 points...

How the do it is up to them, but it was a neat system in PS...

Comment

I think winning is a reward in, & of itself, but that's just me LOL

Lieutenant General |SI|SERIALBUTCHER

peace

Comment

I have another idea:
            Have a group of people who actually ENFORCE the rules!
            Before you tell me that there's the ROE, don't. They really don't help much.

Comment

Originally posted by Consultant01
              the solution to stat padding is to stop giving a crap about stat padding.

seriously, it has no impact on your game-play.

I dont do it, I dont care about those who do... Im not diluded (sic) enough to think that Im going to climb from 137,000 to #1 in the world... all the stat padders between me and #1 are meaningless.

The solution is to stop caring.

I will say that Planetside had an interesting solution to a similar issue (spawn camping)...

A players "worth" was a factor of his rank and the time he'd been alive and the number of times he'd been killed recently.

If a Colonel in BF2 were worth, say 10 points, then each time you kill him in a 1 minute period his value is cut in half... The incentive to spawn camp goes away soon as he becomes worth only 1 point and eventually maybe even 0 points...

How the do it is up to them, but it was a neat system in PS...
              That post is pretty pointless. You say you don't care about stat, yet your sig shows your stats.

Comment

That post is pretty pointless. You say you don't care about stat, yet your sig shows your stats.
                That's very true indeed. And for the vistims of the padders it does impact gameplay. Did you see that angry German kid movie? Granted, he was stupid enough not to leave at first, but if you're on a good server and you're getting raped by padders, you think you can continue normal gameplay? No.

Comment

ROFL :laugh:

Comment

How about getting a flag defended when killing an enemy at an uncap?

Comment

Why do servers have a "rape when you have all the flags" rule? On half the maps, one team ALREADY has all the flags. With that rule in place, I've seen Kubra Dam turn into a lamefest. The MEC team was raping the US airfield and staging uncap within 25 seconds. While people were recovering from the bombs, the choppers and tanks rolled in to camp. No one likes being the catcher in that butt-ramming. About a minute in, the entire US team left, and the game was over. The highest score any of the raping sacs got was 16.

Comment

The sad truth is, that no matter what measures are taken to stop stat padding, selfish people will ALWAYS find a way to cheat/glitch/pad or whatever else they can do to up their scrore.

This isn't a coding problem, it's a character flaw. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how high your BF2 score is, or how many medals you have, you don't "win" anything, you don't make any money, all you get is bragging rights, which brings us back to the character flaw issue.

ALL online gaming wil have cheaters, and people who will exploit everything they can, because it does something for them, maybe it's all they have in life, I don't know, but EA, Microsoft, Activision, Ubisoft, or any other video game company in the world will never stop this behavior, cause these companies don't deal with the human psyche, they create games.

I'm not saying BF2 doesn't have issues, but 99% of the issues I personally see, running a BF2 gaming community, are to do with humans, not coding.

Comment

How about removing accumulated stats, ranks and unlocks. That is a much more certain way of ensuring that people play to PLAY instead of playing to boost their stats/ranks/unlocks.

Cheers :-)

Comment

Originally posted by jimtool655321
                            Why do servers have a "rape when you have all the flags" rule? On half the maps, one team ALREADY has all the flags. With that rule in place, I've seen Kubra Dam turn into a lamefest. The MEC team was raping the US airfield and staging uncap within 25 seconds. While people were recovering from the bombs, the choppers and tanks rolled in to camp. No one likes being the catcher in that butt-ramming. About a minute in, the entire US team left, and the game was over. The highest score any of the raping sacs got was 16.
                            This is why I am first in the F18 and finish with 35/0

What I do is take out the bomber, then the MIG. After that I take out the choppers and any armor close to any of our flags. So its not the rapping team, its the team getting rapped that dont know how to play.

Comment

1: Double the score for all winning players on the winning side, not just the commander.
                              sounds good.
                              2: Make capturing flag points worth more than 2 points. Make them worth 4 for Neutralizing it, and 4 for capturing. And 3 and 3 for assists.
                              terrible idea, flag capping gives enough points now, what would be good though is a large flag defend point bonus, because who honestly defends flags besides me?
                              3: Impose a penalty for killing in an uncap area when your team has no flags.
                              i suppose you mean the enemy uncap, ya i agree with that.

Comment

the best solution is a good admin

Comment

Working...
                                X