Map/Player Combinations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map/Player Combinations?

I was just wanting some clarification as to what combinations are allowed, based on the ROE. There was some debate over this on another forum.

Take into account the following situations and let me know if they follow or break the ROE.

a) 32 players maximum playing on a 64-sized map, with 350 (or so) tickets that correspond to the map size

b) 64 players maximum playing on a 32-sized map, what should the tickets be?

c) 64 players maximum playing on a 16-sized map, with 350 (or so) tickets that correspond to the players

Are any of these against the ROE?

Re: Map/Player Combinations?

You can use any number of players on any size map, but I don't think you can adjust the tickets. Someone else will have to confirm/refute that.

Comment

The server ticket ratio was set to 100 on all the servers in question, BUT...

I've seen 64 on a 16 with 100 tickets (I'm not sure if this server still exists). I've seen 64 on a 16 with 300 tickets (which is the normal 64 player ticket deal).

Comment

they can't mess with ticket ratio, at all. Unranked, yeah, but ranked no.

map size =
        16 = 100 tickets
        32 = 200 tickets
        64 = 300 tickets

Thats how you get those lame 'high points' servers - 64 man map = 300 tickets, but set player limit to 16 players.

Comment

lmfao High Point.. Low point you mean there are 16 Players not enough kills for me though I would get much less points than in a normal round on a 64 or even 32 map..

Why'd you even wanted to know that? What do you want to do with your server..?

Comment

I don't have my own server, but someone told me that their friend ran a real frag fest of a server with 64 players on a 16 player sized map, and the tickets were 300 and that didn't make sense.

I guess he was wrong or it wasn't a ranked server.

Originally posted by The_Misfit
            they can't mess with ticket ratio, at all. Unranked, yeah, but ranked no.

map size =
            16 = 100 tickets
            32 = 200 tickets
            64 = 300 tickets

Thats how you get those lame 'high points' servers - 64 man map = 300 tickets, but set player limit to 16 players.
            I don't play on those kind of lame servers but it really wouldn't be high points either... it'll balance out if you do some math.

16 players on a 64 man map would take, let's say 1 hour. You earn, let's say, 200 points.

A normal round would take 15 minutes. You earn 50 points. Multiply that by 4 (15 min x 4 = 1 hour) and you'd get the same number of points.

Comment

Originally posted by 8dalejr.fan
              I don't have my own server, but someone told me that their friend ran a real frag fest of a server with 64 players on a 16 player sized map, and the tickets were 300 and that didn't make sense.

I guess he was wrong or it wasn't a ranked server.
              I don't play on those kind of lame servers but it really wouldn't be high points either... it'll balance out if you do some math.
              16 players on a 64 man map would take, let's say 1 hour. You earn, let's say, 200 points.
              A normal round would take 15 minutes. You earn 50 points. Multiply that by 4 (15 min x 4 = 1 hour) and you'd get the same number of points.
              If you want to risk getting your stats wiped, that is purely your business. 16-24/64 is more than likely an ROE violation and it HPS.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
                If you want to risk getting your stats wiped, that is purely your business. 16-24/64 is more than likely an ROE violation and it HPS.
                I'm not sure why that would happen to me if I was talking about someone ELSE, but I don't play on 16-24/64 servers.

Hell only a couple times did I score over 100 points in a round.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
                  16 players on a 64 player map is not a violation or high point server if the mechanics of the game are maintained. Also ticket count ratios can't be changed. This issue has been covered ad nauseum.

High points have altered ticket counts or enforce rules to enable higher point scoring (overlaps with other rules as well), i.e. can't cap certain flags, knife/pistol/revive, medic only, armor restrictions, etc.

Comment

Working...
                  X