How to evade Mig-29 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to evade Mig-29 ?

Can someone share his tips on how to evade Mig-29 while in F-35 ? Hell, even when I use flares missiles still hit me. What are the advantages (if any) F-35 has over Mig-29, and how to use them in order to escape teh lock ?

Re: How to evade Mig-29 ?

You can evade anything depending on your skill and the other players skill, I fly F35 vs MIG and it seems fine to me.

Comment

The further you are from the MiG, the easier for the MiG it is to get a lock on you. The closer you are to the MiG, the easier you can utilize your strenghts, which is agility and superior response to controls. As to why flares dont work. More often than not what happens is illustrated on this pic. Blue is MiG, red is F35B.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ARS/Flares.jpg

Missile has a tighter lock-angle, so it may just not see your flares and go after you instead. Check what angle the F35B uses to ditch the flares. Its best for STA, but not good for ATA.

Comment

Chris, your art skills are out of this world.

Comment

Let's say Mig-29 is on my tail. Which maneuver is best to evade ? Split-S, barrell roll, immelman, etc. Should I reduce speed ? This is what Im trying to figure out. And yes, Im noob but trying to learn.

Comment

just to cobra maneuver, that get u out of migs lock on for sure. :P

Comment

split s over and over and over and over, turn into the missles and flare to avoid them

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal-Souljah
                Chris, your art skills are out of this world.
                ROFL. I try, I try. I work for DICE BTW, you can notice that by the talent!

Sir Blades method is universal and effective. However useless if the MiG pilot hs skilled enough. One mere second of lock-time will prove to be a sad end for the F35B pilot. Its suggested to mix Split-S maneuvers with quick turns when you see the MiGs nose approaching to that position to get a lock on you. Youll recognise the situation when the jets become more and more paralleled in the turn. But for that, you gotta know how to use rear view.

Comment

Actually, fly Wake for a while. Oman will be a piece of cake.

Yeah, the Split S is very effective but DO NOT let yourself fall into a rythym. Keep it random and ALWAYS look for a way out. I made these mistakes early in flying, when I would just do it over and over, it only works for a little bit. sooner or later, you are gonna mess up, or the plane will get on you.

When you get good at it, you can usually keep it up till the next flare set comes for you.

If he flies away to reengage GET OUT OF THERE. dont turn around immediately and engage them right away. Go back to carrier. fly high, spot and take them out.

oh and dont use your brakes. The mig is amazing at braking and it will kick your *** if the pilot sees what you are doing.

one more thing: save afterburners. pulse it on the way down on the first split s and full on the way up. Keep it above 1500. And also look for altitude gain whenever possible. when you flare get as high as you can.

Comment

i wonder can u do the topgun move nose up hit the brake and they go right past u. or even the finger in the beggining of the movie

Comment

Originally posted by drunken sailor
                      i wonder can u do the topgun move nose up hit the brake and they go right past u. or even the finger in the beggining of the movie
                      You can try. You'd have to pitch the nose up and put the throttle into full reverse. Even then, your opponent would see that he's going to go past you, and break off. So...=/

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                        The further you are from the MiG, the easier for the MiG it is to get a lock on you. The closer you are to the MiG, the easier you can utilize your strenghts, which is agility and superior response to controls. As to why flares dont work. More often than not what happens is illustrated on this pic. Blue is MiG, red is F35B.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ARS/Flares.jpg

Missile has a tighter lock-angle, so it may just not see your flares and go after you instead. Check what angle the F35B uses to ditch the flares. Its best for STA, but not good for ATA.
                        that was the worst ms paint of anything.......:|:

Comment

Originally posted by drunken sailor
                          This actually works real well. Except for you can't just start to hit the brakes right in fron tof them or they'll blow u away. I usually do a flip or inverted flip and at the peek of my flip is when I nail the brakes and by the time they come to from thier flip and reposter themselve's on my six They'll only get a quick lock before passing u up. Works more often than not.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                            I work for DICE BTW, you can notice that by the talent!
                            which dice branch do you work for?

Comment

yeah, i cant make anything out of that pic!

Comment

Working...
                              X