Pings ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pings ?

I was wondering. On some servers that are in a diffrent country I lag very much. Does this happen to people with very good computers and internet connections ? The only servers I get good connections on are in the US.

Re: Pings ?

That is usually the case, as obviously the distance you are from the server will increase your ping time, which is a shame as there are some great servers overseas.

Comment

Yes, I realised that. I have also noticed that if you have more than 1 computer on it will start stuttering your game and will increase your ping.

Comment

Originally posted by EmptyClip
        Yes, I realised that. I have also noticed that if you have more than 1 computer on it will start stuttering your game and will increase your ping.
        That will depend greatly on what the computers are doing. If someone is just web browsing it wont overly matter, but if 2 of your are trying to play online or download big files, then the pings will suck.

Comment

Seen some strange pings in the thousands on my fav's I can join and everything is fine after. I have cable internet and a cheap router, can get 2 pc's into bf2 online lag free but fire up ts or any other net Intense app we are lagggermeister.

Comment

i play more often on European Servers (UK Dutch French mainly) and my ping is from around 140-170 on them im in East Coast USA on 768k connection i get no lag just high ping its perfectly fine to play on

Comment

Even though I do have a high ping I never lag. Until someone turns on the computer downstaris and goes checks the EMAIL. I have a Playstation 2 Online and I have a ethernet cord hooked up to it. Would it help by un-pluging it ?

Comment

When they check email does it lag momentarily or continually? If the PS2 is turned on and playing online then yes that will also contribute, if its doing nothing then it shouldnt.

Comment

Working...
                X