Maybe IO will add some swagger back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe IO will add some swagger back

I didnt like the vehicles to much from the start. I hope IO includes only the transport vehicles needed to make traversing the maps practical. I think a reason this game is getting old so quickly is because of the vehicles. The only thing I will miss about them is being a gunner in the chopper. Vehicles increase the general audience numbers of a game intitially but seem to decrease the intensity and longevity of the game. Most of the maps are wasted on many because they're not made primarily for infantry battles. There is alot of standing around waitng on vehicles or trying to get to them first. I would have rather had more customization for soldiers and squads than vehicles. I dont mind the vehicles as much and im not saying you cant enjoy a game with them, but the maps seem to be getting old quickly because they're made for vehicles. The only problem is the engineer and anti-tank units wont be as useful.

Squads>vehicles

Re: Maybe IO will add some swagger back

Sure would be cool. I think if the maps (even for 64 player servers) were forced to play on a single map size that would make it the most interesting. Imaging 32 people per side on 16 man Karkand Map???

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
      Imaging 32 people per side on 16 man Karkand Map???
      That would be really fun without vehicles. But of course the reinforcement count would need adjusting. Also. . . is the anti-tank class still included in IO mode?

Comment

Originally posted by BioDiaperX
        Also. . . is the anti-tank class still included in IO mode?
        I believe it is, but according to the commentary from people that have played it, the damage/health/body armor have been adjusted accordingly. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
          I believe it is, but according to the commentary from people that have played it, the damage/health/body armor have been adjusted accordingly. I guess we will have to wait and see.
          Aaahh ok, it jsut seems kind of out-of-place, although the SMG would be fun in IO.

Comment

Originally posted by Maestro_AKQ
            I didnt like the vehicles to much from the start.
            If you didn't like vehicles from the start then you should've never bought Battlefield 2. It's like me going down to the local burger joint and asking for a burger with pickles and then bitching to the manager because "I don't like pickles!".

I think a reason this game is getting old so quickly is because of the vehicles.
            I think this game isn't getting old and it's all a matter of perspective but if it feels old to you then perhaps you should go buy a new game?

Vehicles increase the general audience numbers of a game intitially but seem to decrease the intensity and longevity of the game.
            Yes because their is absolutely nothing intense about being pinned down by a tank siting near your base or rounding a corner and being face to face with an APC. The longevity again is solely a matter of perspective and if you're having fun then that's all that matters. I'm having fun.

Most of the maps are wasted on many because they're not made primarily for infantry battles.
            And how will having no vehicles change this if it is in fact true? The maps don't magically transform because vehicles no longer exist. They were designed with vehicles in mind and nothing but a complete redesign of every map will change that.

There is alot of standing around waitng on vehicles or trying to get to them first.
            I agree it's a problem on some servers but if that's your gripe then it can easily be fixed easily by DICE coding a small vehicle management/sharing system rather than removing them entirely. Find a good server and it's not a problem. Of course some vehicles like helicopters on Sharqi will always be in high demand but otherwise it's not that big of a deal.

but the maps seem to be getting old quickly because they're made for vehicles.
            Again how will removing vehicles change the maps? They'll still have vehicle chokepoints they'll still have large traveling distances. The only thing that will change is your precious revive point farming session won't be cut short by an APC turning the corner.

The only problem is the engineer and anti-tank units wont be as useful.
            The only obvious problem that your tiny mind can comprehend. I know DICE will put IO mode in and once it is finally in all the points I've made previously about IO mode will become crystal clear. Infantry Only mode is the only change DICE has ever made to the game that I believe has the potential to really kill the otherwise healthy BF2 community and ruin the gaming experience for many players.

As it stands IO mode was never requested by any real sizeable portion of the BF2 community and all it really is is a Battlefield 2 "Easy mode". Easier to play and more importantly (for most lamers) easier to farm points as infantry. Honestly is 100 points in a 15 minute round not enough for the medic whores? Most pilots/armor users have trouble pulling a hundred points in a round.

Comment

If you don't like IO mode then it's your right not to play it. Just to use your own analogy, "If you don't like pickels, you don't have to eat them". By the same logic, sitting at that same burger joint you would then be "bitching" at the people eating their pickel infested burgers while you eat your pickel-less burger. Makes no sense.
              If anything "kills the otherwise healthy BF2 community" it will not be IO mode, it's going to be all the mods that are going to be released in a short time (DCON, POE2, FH2, etc, etc.) I don't see people screaming in rage and protest over COOP, if someone likes it or they dont it's completely irrelevant to the fact that it is there to be used by anyone that likes it. The same will go for IO mode. I think this is just upsetting because someone might be under the impression that all their "imaginary ranks/points/medals/awards" might be proven even more superfluous. New ranked maps will the the ultimate saving grace for BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneWhore
                As it stands IO mode was never requested by any real sizeable portion of the BF2 community and all it really is is a Battlefield 2 "Easy mode". Easier to play and more importantly (for most lamers) easier to farm points as infantry. Honestly is 100 points in a 15 minute round not enough for the medic whores? Most pilots/armor users have trouble pulling a hundred points in a round.

Actually, I'd consider planes and vehicles enabled to be easy mode...

Comment

I didnt like the vehicles to much from the start. I hope IO includes only the transport vehicles needed to make traversing the maps practical. I think a reason this game is getting old so quickly is because of the vehicles. The only thing I will miss about them is being a gunner in the chopper. Vehicles increase the general audience numbers of a game intitially but seem to decrease the intensity and longevity of the game. Most of the maps are wasted on many because they're not made primarily for infantry battles. There is alot of standing around waitng on vehicles or trying to get to them first. I would have rather had more customization for soldiers and squads than vehicles. I dont mind the vehicles as much and im not saying you cant enjoy a game with them, but the maps seem to be getting old quickly because they're made for vehicles. The only problem is the engineer and anti-tank units wont be as useful.

Squads>vehicles
                  Yes, the more content in a game the quicker I tire of it.

¬_¬

This series is based on huge vehicular AND infantry combat. I respect your right to like what you like. Though I'm being kinda sarcastic here I'm not trying to flame you.

But with all the straight infantry games out there why come to the BF series and make suggestions to limit vehicals or a preference for doing so? Again I respect your opinion but I'm feeling a little angry/threatened by people who share your opinion.

I simply am afraid that EA is going to nerf vehicals into the ground. Because stat obsessed CS types can't abide being killed when they Rambo it up Army of One style.

I think vehical hatred is is popular because of the stat system. People get jealous or hate getting owned by vehicals. But if people played as a team and played to win, I think they would enjoy the dynamic that a fully functional field of battle WITH vehicals would be. That's what made this series great with the inception of BF1942.

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneWhore
                    If you didn't like vehicles from the start then you should've never bought Battlefield 2. It's like me going down to the local burger joint and asking for a burger with pickles and then bitching to the manager because "I don't like pickles!".

I think this game isn't getting old and it's all a matter of perspective but if it feels old to you then perhaps you should go buy a new game?

Yes because their is absolutely nothing intense about being pinned down by a tank siting near your base or rounding a corner and being face to face with an APC. The longevity again is solely a matter of perspective and if you're having fun then that's all that matters. I'm having fun.

And how will having no vehicles change this if it is in fact true? The maps don't magically transform because vehicles no longer exist. They were designed with vehicles in mind and nothing but a complete redesign of every map will change that.

I agree it's a problem on some servers but if that's your gripe then it can easily be fixed easily by DICE coding a small vehicle management/sharing system rather than removing them entirely. Find a good server and it's not a problem. Of course some vehicles like helicopters on Sharqi will always be in high demand but otherwise it's not that big of a deal.

Again how will removing vehicles change the maps? They'll still have vehicle chokepoints they'll still have large traveling distances. The only thing that will change is your precious revive point farming session won't be cut short by an APC turning the corner.

The only obvious problem that your tiny mind can comprehend. I know DICE will put IO mode in and once it is finally in all the points I've made previously about IO mode will become crystal clear. Infantry Only mode is the only change DICE has ever made to the game that I believe has the potential to really kill the otherwise healthy BF2 community and ruin the gaming experience for many players.

I'm glad IO is being put in place...always sucks when a map like karkand has 16 players on a 64 map only to have tanks ruin it all. I will now have the option to switch to an IO server and I love that.

Comment

Most of the arguments that dude just used to point out IO was crap are nonsense. The maps WERE designed for vehicles. Still, most people would have to play them without if there were no empty vehicles available. They got around alright. If you remove armor it will NOT mess up the maps, because everybody will have to do without it, not just you. The whole dynamic of the map will change. And to be honest, fighting infantry versus infantry was perfectly well possible. Why shouldn't it be if there aren't any tanks around?

I think everybody is sick of this constant lamer vs. 1337gamez0r flamewar. If you consider yourself a better player because you do not associate yourself with pubbers (who, actually, are by far the largest part of the community), consider this: DICE wants clan people to beta test bf2142 because they are the people that are most likely to go pointfarming or exploiting. Give your e-penis a rest.
                      For all the people that are constantly being owned by armor: it happens to everyone. Either do something about your playing to stop that from happening, or just take the blows and keep playing. Do not complain about a game being too hard or weird when lots of people are getting along fine with it.

I myself think IO should prove fun, as it can be seen as a totally different gametype.

Comment

Working...
                      X