Game Jumps PLEASE help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Jumps PLEASE help!

My game jumps a whole lot during online game play, it is not ping or FPS related. I get good fps yet it glitches around. It does not do this when i create a local server, it runs very nicely. At first i thought it was my soundcard because it is a soundblaster and i know the issues that people have with those cards. It obviosuly is not my soundcard because it runs great in local server. My specs are 3700+ amd athlon 64, 2 gigs corsair xms ram, raid 0 on two 100 gig HDs, nvidia 7900gt, soundblaster audigy 4. I really want to fix this issue please help!!! I have read a bit about punkbuster updating? Can someone please explain a little? Could this be the issue?

Re: Game Jumps PLEASE help!

The only thing I can think of is it may be a driver problem. If you are using the latest drivers (91.31) try installing the 84.21's to see if the problem goes away. Or try the beta 91.33's.

To ease answering your question can you please post you gaming resolution and video settings.

If it is running fine in singleplayer then that points to an ISP problem. Are you on a poor ISP/gaming in peak periods? You ping may be fine but the internet bandwith is low because all the other people connecting to your ISP.

For example I know my internet connection is shared between 20 others in my local area, a friend of mine was on an ISP that has 50 users on one line. In peak usage time (usually early evening) he experienced major problems although he had a good ping.

Comment

I have 4meg broadband it is very fast in my area, i know its not my ISP, i am running the game at 1280 by 1024 4x anti and max texture detail.

Comment

I have exactly the same problem with an AMD 3500+ and a Geforce 7900GT.

Comment

Originally posted by QuickTrig
          My game jumps a whole lot during online game play, it is not ping or FPS related. I get good fps yet it glitches around. It does not do this when i create a local server, it runs very nicely. At first i thought it was my soundcard because it is a soundblaster and i know the issues that people have with those cards. It obviosuly is not my soundcard because it runs great in local server. My specs are 3700+ amd athlon 64, 2 gigs corsair xms ram, raid 0 on two 100 gig HDs, nvidia 7900gt, soundblaster audigy 4. I really want to fix this issue please help!!! I have read a bit about punkbuster updating? Can someone please explain a little? Could this be the issue?
          Try installing the older drivers like Merlin suggested. If that does not work, turn down ALL of your settings to MEDIUM and slowly start turning them up a little at a time, one at a time.
          HIgher end computer users are having a lot more problems than the lower end for some reason.
          It is definitely NOT related to PunkBuster, that is 100% guaranteed. PB does not update itself unless a fille is made available. Even then it usaully does this during the loading phase and you never update during game play, the only thing that happens during gameplay is a hard drive check/scan to make sure you aren't cheating.

Comment

Darn, i guess this game is just really buggy I really thought i would be able to experience the game the way it was meant to be played by having this system and such a great video card. Its just strange that my FPS is high yet it stutters ugh, Citizen what are you getting for frames on average in a game? also what are your settings at?

Comment

I play at 1024x1280 (monitor's native res) with everything on medium and generally get anywhere between 80 to 30fps depending on the map. But I always get massive freezes and frame jumping. I've found that the higher up the settings are, the more frequent the freezing and jumping is even though I'm still getting the same amount of fps, which ultimately makes the game unplayable.

Yes, all background programs that can be closed are closed. I have updated drivers. There is no spyware/adware/malware on my computer. I have also completely uninstalled and reinstalled BF2.

It feels like I'm playing with an incredibly outdated graphics card that can't handle the game.

I'd also like to add that I've just recently purchased the delux version of BF2 that includes SF. I had played the demo with all video settings maxed out without any problems whatsoever. So, maybe it's something with the 1.3 patch.

Comment

Originally posted by QuickTrig
                Darn, i guess this game is just really buggy I really thought i would be able to experience the game the way it was meant to be played by having this system and such a great video card. Its just strange that my FPS is high yet it stutters ugh, Citizen what are you getting for frames on average in a game? also what are your settings at?

This happened to me the other week - I think its your internet if its like mine, it went away after a few days.

Other then that - I don't think its the game thats buggy i would suggest looking at this >---- http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=22556

Comment

Working...
                X