Stat issues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stat issues...

Well I played on a server on PRMM mod, yes it was good but it was like a whole new gameplay sceranio.

Well first off to define between BF2. When I play on a ranked BF2 server you always get smacktards no matter what, you can ban them or kick them but theres always going to be one to take that smacktards place.

So I played Zatar Wetlands, got 30-1 in the Jet on the first round, decided to use it again the next round, but this was on some other account I created because I was ban from that server for a revenge tk, anyway so I get tk'd because ''Stay away from the Jet low ranker'' as said a 1st LT. Then he tk'd me again and again, I got him back yeah but so many damn noobs.

So next I go in Karkand and then the constant grenade spammage, followed by people covering each of the spawn points so when you spawn you get killed before you can do anything, claymores on the spawn points, died alot from that.

So I was in a Wake server as usual everyone changes back to the PLA side, then the savage's yes thats how im terming it, im talking at least 20 people all at the airfield most of them tk'd each other then throwing jeeps infront of person who got the Jet, M95'ing him out etc.

So I played PRMM and even though its not ranked like EA leaderboard etc, the teamwork was extreme high. There was no spawn raping, there was no spamming anything or tk'ing as such. People picked you up if you asked and they came as a team and guarded the Humvee while one of them came down to heal you. Then the flag was to be capped in the city, we had Snipers covering our troops on the hillside, while we had the infantry heading down to cap the flag, you get what I mean, the teamwork was something I haven't ever seen before.

So what im saying is, the ranks and stats are good yeah, I mean I like them for tracking how im doing on a certain weapon etc. But theres way too many rank hungry whores, or the people desperate to rape spawns or do anything possible to get a high k/d ratio and take a screenshot then post on a forum ''IM LIEK TOTALLY 1337 I OWN U ALL'' etc.

Think about it, if there was no ranks you would cut the smacktards 98%, you would cut the spawn rapists way down and any whores of vehicles as of such. I mean I bet if there was no stats that you wouldn't get this huge J10 issue of people raping the carrier 24/7. I bet that Colony only whores the Jet to extreme to get points for his stats, I bet RDVOLX only macros to get points, I bet that COL.KAM tk's so much so he can whore the Jet. I'ts there choice yeah but what do you think? Because im starting to wonder that BF2142 will be the same with all these kiddies playing all day and night to get #1 in the leaderboard, and nothing will stop them. If BF2142 didn't have stats, hmm?

Re: Stat issues...

No prob, you could choose between ranked and unranked since the beginning.

Comment

A very astute post there Eternal!

indeed the accumulated stats/ranks/medals & unlocks created an obsessive-compulsive in-game behaviour in a large noticeable fraction of the player-community.

In forums, the same fascination with these numbers are used to bash/brag or otherwise show immature behaviour.

A smart move by EA to introduce this and attract the MMO/RPG player-types who can spend countless hours repeating the same actions over and over, just to see a number increase.

On a more subtle level, beyond all the TKing/vehicle stealing/moronic server-rules etc., gameplay has suffered from the Desert Combat days, because creativity and experimentation is reduced - because too many players are afraid how it will affect their stats.

Military FPS gamers were once a rather upstanding skilled and teamwork-minded crowd - EA's stat-system has attracted a Jerry Springer crowd. In some ways, this keeps Desert Combat alive - because that's where all the best players go nowadays..lol.

Cheers :-)

Comment

As long as the mods are not glitchy and all, The main reason ppl want mods is because they want to take a break from the game and find something new thats part of the game.

Comment

Working...
        X