A new HIGHLY annoying sound bug pops up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new HIGHLY annoying sound bug pops up

Suddenly, starting two days ago, I have been subjected to the following HIGHLY annoying bug. At the start of the round, for some reason, I hear EVERY sound in the game, across the entire map, including voip chatter, at MAXIMUM volume, all at once. All gunfire, explosions, vehicle and aircraft engines, EVERYTHING, with no modulation, full volume. It's maddening - even a few seconds of it makes my brain start doin the herky jerkey. At some (seemingly random) point when I respawn, it returns to normal. May be the first respawn, may be the fifth.

I have made NO changes to my machine, which I built specifically for BF2, and there really isn't much else on it so I am quite suer it is somehow BF2 specific.

Anybody else experience this?

Re: A new HIGHLY annoying sound bug pops up

i experience arty squeeling at the same pitch, loud as hell.....it pissed me off so much i was about to blow our own arty.....usually its at the start of the round......i hate it.......last night, at oman, it was doing it the whole round whenever arty was being used....

Comment

maybe its the server or your sound card or something

Comment

I get a lot of sounds when I join maps too. It's just your computer catching up with the data that the server is sending. Just take off your headphones before you click "Join Now," and put them back on when the sound subsides.

Comment

I get it quite often as well, I just make sure to have my headphones slid off some before the map actually opens anymore....

Comment

I get the exact same thing as the OP every now and then. I have no clue what I do to trigger it when it happens. I have to restart the game or my computer to fix it. Does anyone else have a fix that prevents it from occuring again?

Originally posted by davelisowski
            I get a lot of sounds when I join maps too. It's just your computer catching up with the data that the server is sending. Just take off your headphones before you click "Join Now," and put them back on when the sound subsides.
            That may be the case for you, but I've had this problem on my empty clan server when I'm the first person joining trying to get it started. Furthermore, it doesn't die out on its own for me; it will just stay that way for as long as I tolerate it.

Comment

Same here, although it doesn't happen that often for me. The sound of the rope holding a flag hitting the flag pole in the wind is the loudest sound for me when it does happen, although ALL sounds go madly loud. I have to disconnect then rejoin for it to go away.

Comment

I get those strange sounds of constant healing after go by a supply drop or a certain weapon firing when I get close to someone specific.

Comment

Ah yes that stupid repeating healing sound.. And the repeating gun sound. Drive me insane.. Can't wait for 1.4 but I also said that with 1.3 and it was not quite exactly what I hoped it was going to be..

Comment

It has happened to me before as well.

Normally I can leave the server and rejoin to fix it, other times it never goes away until I join a different server. I am not sure what causes it, but this issue can make it hard to react to an actual threat when everything sounds like it is happening right next to you.

Comment

Working...
                    X