Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another 'OK so I was ...' thread..

No .. really ...

Ok so I was playing Oman last night on some random clan server with a fellow clan member.

Server had a 'no rape uncap' rule - which is fair enough.

My mate and I were both Spec Ops on MEC.

We made our way to the ship. We took out the UAV and radar, then hopped into a Blackhawk and made quick our escape. We did not enagage anyone on the ship (in fact, we walked right past a few who I assume were AFK, or blind!).

We then get warned by the admin for attacking an uncap, and stealing a vehicle, and told not to do it again.

WTF ??

Surely we're within our rights to attack their commander toys - uncappable base or not. It's not as if we hung about - we timed our explosions and then got outta there quicko!! As for stealing a vehicle - what were we supposed to do? Swim !!? It's not the bloody Olympics!!

Sure it's a clan server - their rules - but it did seem a bit OTT.

I'd be interested in people's opinions, and I'll keep a bucket of water at hand in case of flames!

Re: Another 'OK so I was ...' thread..

OTT? *ODD

Well all 'clan' server rules should be notified in the loading screen if little changes are made.. But yeah I find this weird as long as you didn't grabbed a tank and raped the whole area or something..

Comment

Originally posted by KoMeT*[NL]
      OTT? *ODD
      Over The Top

wonder if you stole a boat you would get the same warning lol

Comment

Probally they meant actually going to the carrier

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhawk5
          Probally they meant actually going to the carrier
          Possibly - but how are we supposed to knock out the UAV/radar without doing that?

Using arty or bombs would certainly be classed as raping.

Just seems a bit daft really. As for taking a chopper - I'm sure if we'd have taken a boat they'd not have moaned as much, but it wouldn't have given us much of a chance to get away. The blackhawk got us home nice and safe. We could have taken a Cobra, or one of us could have swiped a F35, but we opted for the Blackhawk, thinking it unfair to take something else.

Ah well.

Comment

I hate servers with too many pointless rules.

theres no rules in war my friend!

One I hate:

- No c4 Vehicles

C4 vehicles rule!

Comment

I hate when people roll armor into uncaps when the server rules clearly state "no attacking uncaps with jets or vehicles", but blowing up commander toys is the bread and butter of the SpecOps class.

Comment

Originally posted by The _Hoy
                I hate servers with too many pointless rules.

theres no rules in war my friend!
                Agreed. Our server says "no gay rules, its a WAR".

Its basically clans that want to stack the teams, and then have a little "safe area" where they can spawn and wait for planes, helos, etc.. without having to worry about that pesky "combat" element getting into the way.

As I usually say - no-one likes baserape, but instead of creating a rule to do away with it, try using your brain to counter the attack - spawn elsewhere, actually defend a flag you cap, go AT and wipe out the tank / helo, etc....

Comment

The admin was probably commanding the US.

Comment

I can understand some of the rules - like raping uncaps. I can also understand commanders not being allowed to fly.

However, I was on a server at the weekend. There were 11 players on (inc. me and one of my clanmates) and it was Fushe Pass 64 player!

There was no commander on my side (Chinese) but the US had one. I was spec ops and made my way to the US base and took out 2 of their arty. I called for supplies to get more C4 to take the other out, before realising we had no commander. I aked my team if anyone would care to be commander, and nobody replied, so I applied to be commander and got it. I supplied myself, then did a scan and dished out a UAV and did some spotting.

I then took out their last arty, only to be cartilleried !! I soooooo hate that!

I complained about the cartillery (it was against that clan's rules) and they basically said that I shouldn't be commander and actively playing at the same time!!

Now - correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's against the ROE isn't it? I wasn't 'team hindering', and we had no commander to start with.

Anyway - we both left the server and so the ranked game ended for that clan. Seemed a bit daft though. I can't see anything wrong with a commander taking part in the fighting as long as he's doing his job for the rest of the time too.

Comment

Working...
                    X