Crashing to desktop.. ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashing to desktop.. ?

I know EA love spitting in our faces and laughing while we crash to desktop whenever we try to join a server, but it's just happened 5 times in a row, and i haven't yet decided it to try a 6th time.. the game IS still working right?

Im playing Grand Theft Auto on my ps2 during the hideous loading times. If it wasn't for that my eyes would be bleeding.

Re: Crashing to desktop.. ?

Occasionally I will get ctd when the map is done loading, but majority of the time I have no problems.

try updating punkbuster and doing a defrag and also use the full patch instead of the incremental.

Comment

Strange though, I only get CTD:s when I try to join certain servers. Then when I try to join another server it works at the first attempt

Comment

i get a CTD problems on most servers, but when I come in a 2nd time its perfectly fine. its been more of a problem with the 1.3 patch than any other.Except that some servers always CTD for a reason, especially the Project Reality mod, everytime I try to join a PRM server it crashes.

Comment

I don't seem to crash as much as I use too, like it used to be very bad, servers aren't too bad either, and im playing in a variety, maybe its just the server but it only happens now and again.

Comment

wait about 20 seconds after the join game button appears and then after that hit esc button dont click join game, if your game is crashing if you click join server that means you need to reinstall 1.3

Comment

Yes, wait about 15 seconds works fine for me most of the time.
              Yeterday I was testing this out and I found that since I unchecked the 'Auto-Join' box it hasnt happened and sicne iv played about 5 times without a crash.

Comment

Full patch and incremental is bullshizzle *language-filter.. I downloaded the full yesterday and the third time I went playing BF2 I got a CTD so I thought well maybe I'm not lucky today.. Rebooted joined server got another CTD..

Comment

Working...
                X