Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can't assign all mouse buttons! why!? help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't assign all mouse buttons! why!? help!!!

Hi everyone,

I've got a mx1000 mouse (woohoo) and I have the logitech mouse and keyboard TSR loaded. But when I try to assign ALL the buttons on the mouse, bf2 doesn't seem to respond to them. Am I missing something!? anyone had this problem?

Re: can't assign all mouse buttons! why!? help!!!

Im having the same problem. I use the MX518 and the problem I have is that Mouse Button 3 & 4 cannot be bound to anything. I try to use those for SF as gas mask and Night vision. I've had no luck.

Comment

Well not to worry, there is a work around, I've been using all buttons on an MX1000 since BF2 was first released. As you know by default Setpoint doesn't allow you to create profiles for applications so you have to extend it's functionality, two ways of doing this, use Logigamer or UberOptions. UberOptions would be the preferred choice, you can now use Setpoint to create a profile associated with BF2 and bind your keys to weapons etc. Works wonderfully.

UberOptions: http://www.ida.net/users/oe1k/uberOptions/ or http://logigamer.com/forums/viewtopi...1b1d7973785ef3

EDIT: Works for all Logitech mice by the way.

Comment

Yes, those buttons are not natively supported by MOST (if not all) games.

UberOptions is the best bet as it gives you an application specific settings section in the SetPoint screen that you can use to map those buttons to keyboard commands. It's what I use with my MX1000.

Comment

Thanks Lanserschrek! I'll give uberoptions a go.... I'll post back with what I think. I must say the mx1000 has lots of fiddly mouse buttons so it'll be interesting to see if it actually enhances gameplay. Anyway, all the best!

Comment

That is so strange. They worked perfectly before I did the last clean install of BF2 and SetPoint. I saved the old profile that I had for the previous install. I was able to bind them with no problem what so ever. Now when I go into the "controls" option screen I clear the 7 & 8 and it will not accept the bind even after clicking "apply".
            I think my problem is related to the old profile itself or maybe I need to adjust something in SetPoint.

Comment

Is it possible you assigned them before you had Setpoint installed last time?. The Windows OS can handle up to five buttons Left Right, Middle and the two extra ones it calls XButton1 and XButton2. Before Setpoint is installed any Logitech mouse acts the normal way, i.e. apps can take advantage of XButton1 and XButton2, on the MX1000 these would be the buttons located at the Upper and Lower thumb, however once you install the Setpoint software it takes over passing instructions from the mouse to the OS and we seem to lose XButton1 and XButton2 so you have to find other ways of sending them to BF2 which in our case is ok because we can just use UberOptions/Setpoint. Maybe it could be just something to do with later versions of Setpoint.

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
              That is so strange. They worked perfectly before I did the last clean install of BF2 and SetPoint. I saved the old profile that I had for the previous install. I was able to bind them with no problem what so ever. Now when I go into the "controls" option screen I clear the 7 & 8 and it will not accept the bind even after clicking "apply".
              I think my problem is related to the old profile itself or maybe I need to adjust something in SetPoint.

Comment

That sounds about right. I will have to try and uninstall Setpoint, and reset the keys. If all else fails then I will try the UberOptions. Thanks for the help, I greatly appreciate it.

Comment

Well I've tried Uberoptions, It's great. Setpoint looks the same except you can add profiles to different programs, like BF2. You can also add keystrokes to your mouse buttons which you couldn't do with setpoint.

I've been playing BF2 for a year now, still not sick of it, which actually surprises me quite a bit. Can't wait for bf2142, but I digress...

Couple of things that I really depend on when things get hairy. Switching to grenades, to pistol, and swapping positions in jeeps. These are really thing you need to do quickly, which I did inthe past using the keyboard. Well now with the mouse buttons set to those things, I find it amazing! Can't recommend it enough.

As for the fiddlyness of the buttons on the mx1000, It wasn't much of an issue as I thought. The best thing about that mouse in BF2 is the side buttons on the wheel. That is; wheel can be pushed left or right. I have these assigned to grenades and pistol.

Anyway enough babble, back to it (closing down programs and getting ready to click that big BF2 icon). Thanks all.

Comment

Working...
                  X