What Is A "High Points Server"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is A "High Points Server"?

my clan has a server that has karkand 24/7 and its 64 size ans 24 players. does that count as a "high Points" server?

Re: What Is A "High Points Server"?

nope
    not as long as you have no other restrictions on game play

Comment

I am still waiting for EA to tell ROE what the examples are and what constitutes a violation.

Comment

High points servers arent even high points. Actually there very low. The time it takes u to earn points is drastically reduced compared to other legitmate servers.

Comment

HPS are not clearly defined and if you buy a ranked server from ea they dont do much to the owners.

Comment

From everything I've read (wish there was a clear example...) 16 players on a 64 player maps is fine and legal. As long as you don't have rules prohibiting certain vehicles, classes, weapons.

-So K&P severs would count as HP servers.

-Technically, IO servers count too, but that's kind of hipocritical since they are testing a game mode that's exactly the same...

-Rules like "No <fill in the blank>" also qualify. Unless it's on the list of protected rules. No arty on the uncap, no jihading, etc...

Or in plain english, as long as you don't do anything to artifically prolong the game and let players earn more points then they would if your rules weren't in place.

If you think you're cheating/stat padding, you probably are.

Comment

Re: What Is A &quot;High Points Server&quot;?

Bumped my the long thread about this...

Comment

Originally posted by DeadCRAP_
                my clan has a server that has karkand 24/7 and its 64 size ans 24 players. does that count as a "high Points" server?

That is one a over a dozen threads on the topic. The official word thus far is:
                Originally posted by [DICE]CKMC
                Really it falls to an admin. If admins are running a 64 size map sever with a small population wracking up points then thats a violation

However it is ambiguous on purpose because I do not want to dictate exactly how you must run your servers. Even though there are some who try to hurt the system through exploitation and poor sportsmanship I do not want to punish the proper upstanding admins who are just trying to have a quality server environment.

To a certain point this falls to a players own awareness. At this point most players recognize that if they are in a server where most players have a 160+ point score then its likely they should not stay on that server.
                Actually, it kind of does qualify as a high point server. If the average player can score up to 160+ points. Those are the same combination of players/map size that most padders have been wiped on.

Comment

so, if a private just started playing got over 160 points then thats a violation but if i sometimes do not thats OK? like if im medic and rak up 160+ points if i play like a 1337 proz0r?

Comment

you get the high points because the rounds are so long.you can play 2 rounds on a normal 32 and get the same pionts in the end...if you join say a 11/64 could that be high points..

Comment

Originally posted by You_were_killedby
                      HPS are not clearly defined and if you buy a ranked server from ea they dont do much to the owners.
                      That is the responsibility of the companies that lease the servers in the first place, they are the first that should be blamed.

Originally posted by basil281
                      you get the high points because the rounds are so long.you can play 2 rounds on a normal 32 and get the same pionts in the end...if you join say a 11/64 could that be high points..
                      Not exactly. 11/64 players is not HPS, the potential for that server to fill up to MAXIMUM capacity (64) would ensure that the round would not last as long as 24/64 with 24 being the maximum number of players.
                      The post made by [DICE]CKMC is pretty clear cut and explains it about as well as anyone would need it to be.

Comment

i see alot of servers that say high points, the clans think more ppl will come if they read that

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
                          Originally Posted by basil281
                          Not exactly. 11/64 players is not HPS, the potential for that server to fill up to MAXIMUM capacity (64) would ensure that the round would not last as long as 24/64 with 24 being the maximum number of players.
                          The post made by [DICE]CKMC is pretty clear cut and explains it about as well as anyone would need it to be.
                          Clear cut? Is John Kerry working for Dice now? He didn't say anything specific. If most of the players on a server have 160+ points it's likely that it's a HPS? Is 159 ok? Perhaps EA should issue a ROE Seal of Approval to the "proper upstanding admins" who are providing a "quality server environment" so I'll know which ones they are and won't have to worry if people are scoring too many points.

Or just define High Points Server. :wall:

Comment

Originally posted by EC-Paulus-
                            High points servers arent even high points. Actually there very low. The time it takes u to earn points is drastically reduced compared to other legitmate servers.

If they are not high points servers then what exactly gives them the illegitemate status?

I see nothing illegitamate about these servers, The ROE states that "Map size/Player ratio do not need to be equal" so its legitimacy is not in question.

Not trying to f**k with you, just trying to understand.

Comment

Personally I don't see the problem with servers that states that this is a high point server. Any server with a few ppl on a large map (eg. 16ppl on 64map) is tecnically a HPS. Ok, the rounds lasts longer. So what? I don't see the difference in earning 160p in a 40 minute round, and earning 80p in a 20 minute round.
                              Now, servers with rules that limits the hardware that can be used (eg. Karkand, no tank/apc, ppl team up, only drive around capping flags, flags changing hands faster you can toss a medpack) is another matter.

Comment

Working...
                              X