Constant Crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constant Crashing

My bf2 keeps on crashing as joon as i try and join a game. I click join game and after 2 seconds it just CTD's.
    My Comp Specs are :

Windows Xp
    Professional x64 Edtion
    Version 2003
    Service Pack 1

AMD Athlon[tm] 64 x2 dual
    Processor 4200+
    2.20 ghz
    and 1.5 gb of ram
    Radeon x800 PRO/GTO

Any suggestions.

Re: Constant Crashing

Well then "timmy" if thats your real name... Ask your brother. thats all I have to say

I know him in RL.

Comment

yess this has been a constant problem since the 1.3 patch...just wait like 30 seconds after the join button appears and ull enter the game automatically...

Comment

nono i mean before the server starts to lead the map, when it says the server is joining. I have read all the other posts i can find but i cant find any suggestions.

Comment

firewall's up maybe background tasks?

Comment

nah i got rid of the useless programs running in the background i have turned off windows firewall and my AV.

Comment

Originally posted by lil timmy
              nah i got rid of the useless programs running in the background i have turned off windows firewall and my AV.
              NO ONE UNDERSTANDS YOU! speak English.

Comment

Follow the instructions for "Crash to Desktop on Joining an Online Server" here: http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=26653

And then re-patch 1.3. This sounds a lot like a problem I had and doing that fixed it

Comment

I have already done that

Comment

I had an Identical problem-Uninstall BF2 completely, then reinstall. Then download the full 1.3 patch and patch the game. It worked perfectly for me!

Comment

I had same problem yesterday, after windows updated, constant CTD on join, I uninstalled all patches and game worked fine again. Can someone confirm this? Are new windows updates causing this constant CTD?

Comment

This may be a problem but there is no DICE file in the registry, i have manually put it in but could this be the problem?

And you would need the patch therwis eu wouldnt be able to go into the game.

I tried manually uninstalling it but because i didnt have the DICE file i couldnt carry on with it

none of these suggestions work atm , could it just be the patch not agreeing with 64 bit? because when i installed it it said only tested in 32-bit? I was told to when i go into bf2 i alt-tab and go into task manager, right click and click affiinity, then untick cpu 1

Is there any more suggestions. Would Punkbuster be the problem?

Comment

Working...
                        X