Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zone Alarm!!!

OH MY FREIKIN GOD!!!!

You never know how much your every move is being tracked until you use this program.. I've had it installed for 2 hours now and already ZA has blocked 1457 access attempts. CRAZY!!!!! One thing though.. I tried running it while playing B2 and just as I had suspected, I couldn't. Is anyone able to run B2 while Zone Alarm Pro is running in the background WITHOUT any hiccups and connection problems?

Re: Zone Alarm!!!

you would have to accept so many incoming connections it wouldn't even be funny so just disable it...btw if you have a router that has a firewall you dont need zone alarm, its just a waste of resources

Comment

I play bf2 fine while playing Bf2 while still blocking all the nasties just go on programs add BF2 and tick them all works fine

Comment

Actually,

I'll try Tom's idea and if that does not work I will disable it. I have to admit though. I LOVE the pop up protection I get from it

Comment

ZA is a pain in the arse and is over sensitive..mag to grid - get rid

Comment

Zone Alarm is great you just have to know how to use it. When you open BF2, just keep going back to your desktop and deal with the pop ups, once you click accept, you wont have to deal with them anymore.

Comment

ZA is one of the best if you know how to use it, just do what Tom said. Heres a picture of mine and it never bothers me again

Comment

I use ZAP and play all of my games with no problems.

To disable the block alerts, open ZAP, go to the "Program Control", select the "Main" tab, set "SmartDefense Advisor" to manual or off. Mine is set to manual.

With this set, you only see a face show up on the ZA icon and there is no popup. This way your game can run without interruption.

I have also made a lot of custom firewall rules in the expert area, but I dont think any of them were for my games though, it has been a long time since I modded any of them and I have played several game demos without the need to change anything.

Just remember that if you start a new game, you will need to either alt-tab to give the game access in ZAP or close out the game when it hangs (for lack of internet access), then open ZAP and go to "Program Control", select the "Programs" tab, then scroll down to find the game exe file and "Allow" it "access" and "server".

Comment

Thanks for the info folks.... I'll keep messing with it to see how she fairs. So fae it's been disconnects and problems with connection so I've been disabling it... I'll try Tom's advice though

Comment

Not sure this is on the basic but if you rightclick bf2 in the Program Control and hit changes frequently it got rid of all my lag . Allso helps increase my up/down times for bit torent and or limewire ect . Give it a try

Comment

I used to use ZA back before it was invasive...now I just don't use a software firewall at all.

I've had ZERO issues.

I'm just careful about my browsing habits and what I install.

Firefox + AdBlock = bliss.

Comment

Working...
                      X