"Attack this Position"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Attack this Position"

You can play for a while as a lonewolf and never see squad commands. I know I did.

As far as always spawning on the SL, that's not always good, since some SL's are knuckleheads and flying around in jets, or sitting in tanks with a gunner so no one can spawn on them. I've also seen time and time again, SL's that lead the rush. You spawn on them and your immediately under fire. Some times this can't be helped, but it should be the rare occasion, not the norm like I've see with some SLs.

I give the guys in my squad a choice when spawning, unless I have a definate advantage in where I've hidden myself, during a cap attempt. Or if we need bodies on a flag to get it up quicker.Normally I don't move in till it's white, and even then if we have enough I stay back incase of an arty attack.

When hanging out and defending, instead of just doing what they do I hunker off to an area of reletive saftey but with a different angle on the spawn. Hills out side of Cistern, Roof behind back yard, that sort of thing. I tell them to choose me or the the spawn itself, what ever they feel is better at the time. Instead of just being in the general area of a random spawn anyway. Plus if we begin to lose the spawn, I have a better chance of drawing away even further and they can regroup on me. Many times we just take the spawn right back, because after the initial "rush" of getting the spawn, many squads (or a b pack of lonewolves) drive off, or defend very poorly.

If you can't hold a spawn, exact the most ammount of casualties out of them as possible , then regroup close by, and hit them with a quick counter attack. From varied angles and (hopefully) an unkown and constantly changing spawning location.

Doing this constantly on a map I often have purple heart like percentages, but with low totals 3-12, 5-17, stuff like that.

I suppose on smaller tweaky maps you can have a kick *** squad of rushers always reviving the SL. But I know on bigger maps , I feel bad if I don't stay alive for my guys and we have to truck it from a far away spawn point at DV, or FP.

Comment

I gave an order to "mine this position" and someone actually did. :shock:
      "Crunch's First Officer"
      twitter: @signaprime

Comment

I know the manual (such as it is) speaks about the visual indicators for SL commands, and the minimap is where I expected to see them, but I haven't seen any indicators there. Is it zoom-dependent?

Disfigured, thanks for the tips.

Comment

No its not zoom dependant. As said above the only time that they are not properly shown is when you are dead and so then you have to open the map with "m" to see where you have to go and what to do.

Comment

I go along with what the commander orders as long as he is doing hs job, I mean if he says Attack here and hes pointing me to nothing then I wont be bothered. If he's good then hell yes I will C4 the shi* outta wheres he's pointing me because I can bet Ill get a kill for it.
            Some commanders never give orders and only follow there "friends" with supplies and such. They suck. Others will direct you to good spots, there good. Im always a squad leader because I am not interested in following some noob around, but then again Im a very tactical player and dont really go in for the direct assualt. I prefer to kill you and have you asking how a scar-l just took you out, with you seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by hankdane
              I know the manual (such as it is) speaks about the visual indicators for SL commands, and the minimap is where I expected to see them, but I haven't seen any indicators there. Is it zoom-dependent?

Disfigured, thanks for the tips.
              NP,

One other tip that may help.

Under your common controls , find the key that controls 3D map (I'd tell you what it is but mine has been remapped and I forget the default key stroke). Hit that key in game and it will make flag locations and attack points appear (then disappear if you hit it again). Is this what your talking about?

Also for the minimap go to that section in options, and make sure your icons are not set with too much transparency(or with 100%, which would make them gone completely).

Comment

default is left-alt for toggling 3d map

Comment

Originally posted by disfigured
                  Also for the minimap go to that section in options, and make sure your icons are not set with too much transparency(or with 100%, which would make them gone completely).
                  Dis, that was a good suggestion, 'cause I do remember changing those -- but that wasn't it, nothing was at 100% transparency and the icons were 0%.

I seriously have still not seen any SL commands show up in my minimap. I did see the smoke you guys were talking about last night.

Comment

Working...
                  X