Nice bunch of fellows, clan PPF is!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice bunch of fellows, clan PPF is!

So, I figure I'll squeeze in a couple more rounds of Battlefield for tonight. I navigate through the painful server browser, and find a fairly low populated 24/7 Mashtuur City server. This server is called [PPF] 24/7 Mash with the IP 70.87.106.238 on the default port (16567). I proceed to hop in the Blackhawk and capture the flags, after I have captured 3, a PPF member (apparently an admin tells me) "Don't capture all the flags or I will ban U!".

I ask why, and he responds with "because I'm admin and I said so".

I explain to him how the objective of the game is capturing all of the CP's, to which he tells me I am mistaken, and that the real objective of the game is earning medals and ribbons.

Gosh, I didn't know that!

I do have a few screenshots, but nothing very incriminating (I'm slow to the Print Screen key ).

Essentially, the PPF clan are disregarding the ROE and should NOT have a Ranked server. I would love to burn these pre-pubescent teens, but I couldn't get anything incriminating because I ended my visit to the server with team-killing the admin.

So, anybody fancy joining the server and getting some proof ? I'd be happy to join, just say the word.

Again, their server info is as follows..

Name: PPF 24/7 Mash
    IP: 70.87.106.238
    Port: 16567

Check it out for yourself.

Re: Nice bunch of fellows, clan PPF is!

yea hate those servers

last night I played on -MM- clan's server

DO NOT GO THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you will get base rapped right from the start BY ADMINS AND -MM- members and theyll say theres nothing wrong with it

Comment

:wall: Man, some people just don't realize the power of a screen shot. No rules posted? :shakehead

I am glad people pay for our ranked servers, but...

Comment

Get screenshots and report it to BF2RS
        Here: http://www.bf2rankedservers.com/report.htm

Comment

Is this all we have to talk about now?

Comment

Seems like it, I know I have seen and suggested this a couple times recently. :shakehead It gets old though, when you think about it, how many people just have to tattle-tail on everyone.

Speaking of! I see LoganX is here to tell us of all the people selling their accounts on eBay that his is reporting on!!

Comment

Yeah thats pretty stupid when people get mad at you for capturing flags. I was playing on Dalian Plant earlier today and I was in the cobra capturing flags and someone that wasnt even an admin said something like "Dont capture flags with helicopters please." I simply typed out "lol" and proceeded to capture another. :laugh:

Comment

It gets old though, when you think about it, how many people just have to tattle-tail on everyone.
                It's not stupid after you leave the playground.

Honestly, people upset because somebody is tattling.

Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Garabaldi
                  It's not stupid after you leave the playground.

Honestly, people upset because somebody is tattling.

Sad.
                  After I sit here and think about it, if it was a low population server, and here comes someone to just run the tickets down by flying around capping, well I think you came in and pissed on their game. They wanted to play an extended round. I know I have played on nearly empty servers, and everyone felt it was best to leave a flag open so there was a chance for the other team to rebound.

This comes back to what are the rules for hosting High Point Servers? EA has not clearly defined them. And when reading over the ROE rules recently, that is a rule that the server ops don't have to enforce.

Comment

Hardly.

I am but one man. With just two of them, they could take two flags in the time it takes me to capture one.

I fail to see how trying to win the game is spoiling it for others.

Nex thing you know killing people will be ruining the game for others :laugh:

Comment

Hardly.

I am but one man. With just two of them, they could take two flags in the time it takes me to capture one.

I fail to see how trying to win the game is spoiling it for others.

Nex thing you know killing people will be ruining the game for others :laugh:
                      That is not what I am getting at. I was not there, so I did not see how it was being played out, but if you had 8 guys, 4v4, and now you have wonderboy show up with his helo, flying around capping flags faster then these 4 guys duking it out on foot can rebound to recap then I think you were in the wrong. Regardless of ROE. You were causing a ticket bleed and unbalancing the round. These people wanted to spend their time fighting, not chasing after flag, after flag, after flag. If they wanted to do that, they would have gone to a 24/7 Karkand server, and just gone behind the lines!

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild
                        That is not what I am getting at. I was not there, so I did not see how it was being played out, but if you had 8 guys, 4v4, and now you have wonderboy show up with his helo, flying around capping flags faster then these 4 guys duking it out on foot can rebound to recap then I think you were in the wrong. Regardless of ROE. You were causing a ticket bleed and unbalancing the round.
                        My fault for not explaining the round in detail.

These guys were using the MEC transport helicopter, infact, there was about 5 or 6 of them in it at a time.

Using resources avaiable to me to win the round is not unbalanced when they have the same resources available to them.

Comment

My fault for not explaining the round in detail.

These guys were using the MEC transport helicopter, infact, there was about 5 or 6 of them in it at a time.

Using resources avaiable to me to win the round is not unbalanced when they have the same resources available to them.
                          OK, I guess I will conceed that I don't have all the facts, on what was going on, but my overall opinion is that the people just wanted to keep the game even. But if that is not the case, I will simmer down.:censored:

Comment

When I'm looking through the server browser, if I see all the clan members stacked on one side. I just move on, that server will suck.

If you see a clan server full of members and they are evenly split, will probably be a good game. Join thier TS/Vent server if they have one, always worthwhile (provided English is the common language...*)

*I've joined more then one Canadian TS server, only to find I'm the only one not speaking French.

Comment

Working...
                            X