Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think this is a new hack, but not sure.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think this is a new hack, but not sure.

I was playing on a server last night and I kept getting killed by the same guy near the alley on sharqi. He must have been a sniper cause I was dying from one shot of the M95, even if I was completely hidden. I changed my positions etc and no matter what he kept killing me in one shot. The funny thing though is that everytime I died (and it wasn't a TK) I would immediately be revived by the same guy who killed me. Somehow he could either teamswitch on a whim or some other hack. Also I would always die from one shot but I think it would be ridiculous to think this guy was skilled enuff to headshot me 5x in a row, run over and revive me and then disapear into thin air before I could even get a glimpse of him. When you die we all know you can still see your own corpse so I should have been able to see him revive me and also at least hear him revive me. This hack seems crazy to me cause by the time I realised it was the same guy killing/reviving me and he wasn't on my team he had already racked up 4-5 kills and 4-5 revives in minutes. A screenshot unless I could see him wouldn't seem to prove anything and I bet he can go from server to server racking up big points and then leaving w/o anyone really noticing. Well, the funniest part about this is that I typed in exactly what happened when I was still on the server hoping an admin would look into this for me and kick the guy but I guess when he saw what I wrote he left the server immediately and normal gameplay resumed. If anyone knows this hack please inform us about it's details. How often do you check the name of the person who revived you in the heat of battle. If I wasn't concerned that this guy was using an aimbot I might have never checked the console and noticed that he was doing far more than that.

Re: I think this is a new hack, but not sure.

Never heard of this one...sounds like some medic kept reviving you and the sniper just kept headshotting you. You don't get a message saying who has revived you..so what makes you think it was him?

It could happen.

He COULD be hacking..he COULD have a medic friend on your team..he COULD just be that good.

No way to prove it.

Comment

Thats really weird. I've heard of quick teamswitchs but never someone doing that.

Originally posted by Talus
      Never heard of this one...sounds like some medic kept reviving you and the sniper just kept headshotting you. You don't get a message saying who has revived you..so what makes you think it was him?

It could happen.

He COULD be hacking..he COULD have a medic friend on your team..he COULD just be that good.

No way to prove it.
      Apparently he saw who was reviving him through console.

Comment

Wow..I learn something new every day.

I never knew that showed up in the console...

Comment

Just so you know, there were no friendlies around until the last time he revived me (I checked the radar everytime) and the last time he did revive me I sprang up and ran behind a building where I saw the guy who killed me but now he was on my team (blue nametag). Thats when I started typing to the admins and then he left the server. crazy thing is that he was switching teams and kits in tha blink of an eye... and yes you can check the console for who revived ya.

Comment

I wish you had taken screenshots

That way, you could at least report it to www.bfroe.com and research@evenbalance.com

Comment

I wish you had taken screenshots

That way, you could at least report it to www.bfroe.com and research@evenbalance.com
              I know, trust me I am kicking myself now, I just didn't realize what was going on until the last time I died/revived. I knew something was weird but I just couldn't put my finger on it. Funny how I remember to ss when a friend does something stupid or something looks funny, but when there is a hacker I am usually thinking to much about whats going on to remember to at least ss his name

Comment

if you always ran fraps while playing games then you would have evidence of this.

Comment

..not a bad idea..

You just have to remember to hit that 'record' key...but it's easy to forget when you're 'caught up in the moment'.

Comment

Originally posted by zipp0r
                    if you always ran fraps while playing games then you would have evidence of this.
                    But doesn't fraps use up alot of bandwith?

Comment

Sure...when it is recording, otherwise it can just sit in your tray not doing anything until you're ready to hit the F key to start recording.

Comment

..not a bad idea..

You just have to remember to hit that 'record' key...but it's easy to forget when you're 'caught up in the moment'.
                        ??

if you can remember to press the mouse button to shoot, then you can remember to press the record button.

Originally posted by MeNoPausE
                        But doesn't fraps use up alot of bandwith?
                        only if your playing at a high res and recording at full size.

playing at 1280x1024 or 1024x768 and recording half size makes no difference to fps if you have a reasonable harddrive.

Comment

..but he didn't remember to hit the PRINTSCRN button..

It happens...you're all ticked off and hot under the collar and only when it's OVER do you remember about the darned button.

Comment

Same name eh? never heared of it but i'll keep on the lookout, i have heared of quick teamswitching without dying that could be it.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhawk5
                              Same name eh? never heared of it but i'll keep on the lookout, i have heared of quick teamswitching without dying that could be it.
                              yeah but you prolly wouldn't switch kits as well. He was going from sniper to medic.

I think I will have to use fraps, at least have it ready to record just in case. I have a raptor drive so if it comes down to hdd I should be fine. ARGHHHHHHH!!! Wish I hit ss.

Comment

Working...
                              X