When will EA pull the plug on BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: When will EA pull the plug on BF2

wont they just shut the majority of them down except for a couple of servers for the gamers who still play, then redirect them to 2142? cause stats will just get pointless..i think..

Comment

Originally posted by DaRqUe?
      cause stats will just get pointless..i think..
      they already are pointless

Comment

Nothing about BF2 in there. Just the Sport Games. Nothing to worry about yet.

Comment

Its not the loss of stats the issue, its the fact that you cant login so you cant play at all, ranked or otherwise. There might be plenty of private rented servers out there but thats no good if you cant login to play on them.
          With BF1942 being still available I assume theres some time left for bf2, just how much?

Comment

Originally posted by I_M_Weasel0r
            Its not the loss of stats the issue, its the fact that you cant login so you cant play at all, ranked or otherwise. There might be plenty of private rented servers out there but thats no good if you cant login to play on them.
            With BF1942 being still available I assume theres some time left for bf2, just how much?
            I can deffinatly see that happening but some clever git will proberly make a patch so you dont have to login. That wont happen though untill EA dont care anymore about BF2 or someone will get sued big time.

Comment

I like generating stats and awards very much until I get most of them then I play for fun. I’m coming to the point now that I have a lot of what I wanted and am happy with it but it’s about goals which draw people more into the game. Oh and E-penis size, I like being better than others and being able to back up a claim with proof is good. I don’t stats pad or anything so my stats represent my skill level.

Comment

Stats on the whole have been good for BF2, they've kept people playing and populating servers that would have otherwise moved on. Theres also the stat padding side and the way your forced to play in a way you otherwise might not have, not allways a good way.
                I think the games that had the plug pulled on them were 2005 mostly sports tiltles, but thats not really old (old as BF2) maybe BF series will get a longer life with it not being a yearly release.
                My worry is that once 2142 comes out, there'll only be 6 month or so for BF2 and 2142 just doesnt appeal to me. Probably go back to counter-strike.

Comment

EA wont for a while, 2+ yrs.

Comment

The looks of things they are shutting down the not so popular servers. BF2 will be alive for a while.

Comment

Yeah, I'd say that there is no need to worry about it any time soon. They will stop supporting it some time in the near future (<1 year), but actually get rid of the game (log-in server) will be a long way away. Plenty of time to have fun.

I'm just waiting for the mods to get released.

Comment

Originally posted by Bickus^Dickus
                        All you little stat whores make me laugh ,jesus what do you get if you have great stats? money? free women? free beer? nothing you get NOTHING,so just learn to enjoy the game and stop going on about stats.
                        Maybe read the post first and then reply to anything .... What part of me PLAYING FOR FUN you didn`t noticed!?! Yes I like my stats and I ALSO PLAY for stats, because you have something to look after, it gives you a feeling of acomplishment for losing so many hours with this great game....but a stat whore, you got me all wrong here buddy ... but then again , someone who has the word ****** in his name maybe needs to grow-up some more ...

http://www.bf2s.com/player/48336602/

And as you will notice, I played a bit of everything, not just going after some of the stats or the stats that would give you more points than others ( P&K ) ... Peace Out!!!

Comment

I feel they already pulled the plug. Basically as soon as they released BF2 they were slow to fix the bugs that were in it. Its all about money, so they sell BF2 and servers so you can play while they work on 2142. Soon that will be the hype and everyone will jump to buy it so the whole cycle starts over.

Comment

the sooner ea throw out the stats, the better for the mod community right?

Comment

I'd not thought of the implications for the mod community. If you're playing a mod does BF2 authenticate itself with EA like it does in vanilla?
                              How happy a mod developer would you be to find out that your long worked on mod can't be used, as EAs turned off there BF2 server.

Comment

Working...
                              X