Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How long will it take DICE...

Originally posted by sonny
    since 1.3 came up and they fixed the browser issue, I only had 3 crashes.
    Only? You should have had none. There are lots of users out there who have plenty more crashes than that. Maybe check the support section of the forums, there are also heaps of guys that cant even get the game to run/load.

If you're defending programming and quality control of BF2s levels from a programmers perspective, please let me know who you program for so I may avoid their products entirely......

Comment

:laugh: :laugh: LOL @ the poll results....tooo funny :hmm:

Comment

Originally posted by mlkmnz
        Only? You should have had none. There are lots of users out there who have plenty more crashes than that. Maybe check the support section of the forums, there are also heaps of guys that cant even get the game to run/load.

If you're defending programming and quality control of BF2s levels from a programmers perspective, please let me know who you program for so I may avoid their products entirely......

I know, I should have none, somone really mess up in there. i am not defending Dice. but they did a great job putting the game all together. and crap happends. but i see people bashing them all the time without having a clue of what it takes to build a program. take for example IE, it have been more than 6 years since it came up, the poor program is so mess up. everyday they find bugs and exploits. and what, how much windows cost?

for those people in the support forums you need to take in consideration that they might have some other stuff that might be causing bf2 to crash. the last crash that had was on 1.4 while changing teams. thats it and i think that was more than one month ago.

in my book, EA/DICE is doing something that they should have done since the longest. have a beta test of their programs, patches and stuff before they release something. most big coorporations do that. they have in house computer to test evertyhing,but everything is a safe enviroment.. but they did take in consideration the "Regular pc user". thats where they dropped the ball. if

Comment

I know, I should have none, somone really mess up in there. i am not defending Dice. but they did a great job putting the game all together. and crap happends. but i see people bashing them all the time without having a clue of what it takes to build a program. take for example IE, it have been more than 6 years since it came up, the poor program is so mess up. everyday they find bugs and exploits. and what, how much windows cost?

for those people in the support forums you need to take in consideration that they might have some other stuff that might be causing bf2 to crash. the last crash that had was on 1.4 while changing teams. thats it and i think that was more than one month ago.
          They did an average job putting it together, and an absolute crap job patching it. Look at the poll results, they're indicative of the average gamer's perception of DICE/EA.

You keep talking about Windows, but 2 things, 1: Windows is a lot more complex and has a lot more going on than BF2, and 2: Most Windows updates are now the result of security issues, XP as an example has been pretty damn good for me ever since it came out.

Fact is, if I performed in my job to the level DICE's team has in supporting this game, I'd be out of a job and heads would roll....

Comment

is perception. I dont blame the average gamer, because i am one of them. but I dont blame EA/DICE. at the end of the day, we are all humans. and hopefully, they will release a good patch this time.

Comment

is perception. I dont blame the average gamer, because i am one of them. but I dont blame EA/DICE. at the end of the day, we are all humans. and hopefully, they will release a good patch this time.
              That's where I differ from you. I blame EA/DICE. Their job is to produce games which run well and are bug free in order to make happy customers who continue to purchase their products. I effectively paid them $50 to deliver such a game to me, and they haven't done their job with BF2.

My job is as a Project Manager, if things aren't running the way they should to the quality they should, at the end of the day, I carry the can for that, its why I'm paid money. I can't just turn around and say "hey, I'm only human". To do so is a cop out.

Comment

I gather around the time another game is completely bug free.. which should be.. oh wait.. never!

Comment

Originally posted by mlkmnz
                  That's where I differ from you. I blame EA/DICE. Their job is to produce games which run well and are bug free in order to make happy customers who continue to purchase their products. I effectively paid them $50 to deliver such a game to me, and they haven't done their job with BF2.

My job is as a Project Manager, if things aren't running the way they should to the quality they should, at the end of the day, I carry the can for that, its why I'm paid money. I can't just turn around and say "hey, I'm only human". To do so is a cop out.
                  are you in the software bussiness?

Comment

all online games will have their bugs and its impossible to remove them

Comment

i dont see anyone bashing Microsoft.
                      You don't? lol.

Comment

Comment

>_> .

Comment

The battlefield games will never function at 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
                              Probably as soon as these types of threads stop appearing every 10 minutes.:laugh:

yeah, funny isnt it... thousands of posts about all of DICE's bugs...and
                              yet they still dont fix em... yeah..Hey, I bet youre right!! maybe if we
                              all NEVER complain about all the bugs they will fix em... hahahaha

YEEEEAAAAHHH....

Comment

Old people rock

Comment

Working...
                                X