Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Sniper mod idea!!

well, i been thinking,

how can you get the perfect sniper shot everytime but still keep it balanced?

so i came up with this idea and would be great if someone could mod it into BF2.

Why dont you have to ajust the scope for different distances, this would alow for better shoting, more accurate. but if you shot with the wrong distance the shot becomes less accurate and unproberbale on of hitting.

and changing the scope requires time,

i personally think this would be great.

post your thoughts

reko

Re: Great Sniper mod idea!!

Not a bad idea, having to adjust the scope for things like wind, compensate for heartbeat, gravity, etc.

Oh, wait. Why not just play Sniper Elite?

Seriously though; it's not a terrible idea, it's just that it would be fairly difficult to implement within the existing BF2 engine. Because if you had wind, it would also have to affect things like aircraft, flags, etc.

Comment

I like it now, it's nice and simple, and the best part, effective. It's in no way unbalanced.

Bf2 is not the epitome of realism, and I like it the way it is. We don't need extreme realism, we need great gameplay, which Bf2 provides.

Comment

Joint Operations has that. Its terrible. You have to balence realism and fun.

Something, BTW, Joint Ops does better in terms of helocopters.

Comment

Originally posted by elitefusion86186
          Joint Operations has that. Its terrible. You have to balence realism and fun.

Something, BTW, Joint Ops does better in terms of helocopters.
          A lot easier to handle - stopped you from going over a critical angle of attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Reko
            well, i been thinking,

how can you get the perfect sniper shot everytime but still keep it balanced?

so i came up with this idea and would be great if someone could mod it into BF2.

Why dont you have to ajust the scope for different distances, this would alow for better shoting, more accurate. but if you shot with the wrong distance the shot becomes less accurate and unproberbale on of hitting.

and changing the scope requires time,

i personally think this would be great.

post your thoughts

reko
            oh god no. With some of the "fixes" (read screw ups) they've done so far. Trying to fix something simple, and messing something else entirely up, they would probably get it wrong again.

Maybe the gun would turn around and shoot yourself, or behind you. Or the bullet would "lose it's lock" and turn around, do 3 full loops and hit a friendly sqaure between the eyes.

Comment

maybe when in far off zoom have your crosshairs swiggle from side to side??

Comment

Working...
              X