Svd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Svd

See its weird how the SVD owns in other games yet is isn't exactly what I'd call the best Sniper in BF2, some people can use it very good, but most people do not like it. Less damage, Bad crosshair, recoil is quite alot and some people prefer Bolt Action.

Now, I use this, I call it ''lethal'' the one in BF2 is not what I call ''lethal''. i rack up 20-30 kills a round with that SVD, its an auto Sniper, 2 shots to the body = kill, and of course headshot = kill. On BF2 it takes alot of shots to kill someone with the SVD. Do you think that the SVD would be better if it was 2 shots to kill?

Im not asking for any nerfs its just a general question, and a debate if you like, just so the flamers know.

Re: Svd

Do you think that the SVD would be better if it was 2 shots to kill?
    Worst idea ever, lol.

So what you are proposing is this - make the SVD kill in two shots, making it on par with the bolt-action rifles, and on-top of that, it's semi-auto?

So essentially, you want it to be a semi-auto M24?

It's perfectly balanced as is - the lower damage per shot is offset by the higher rate of fire than the other rifles.

What game is that, btw?

Comment

Originally posted by Garabaldi
      It's perfectly balanced as is - the lower damage per shot is offset by the higher rate of fire than the other rifles.
      Agreed

What game is that, btw?
      Ditto

Comment

Instead of making it two-shots per kill, the crosshair should be changed to the regular point in the middle. The SVD is only under par when it comes to scope. Thats the only reason why I prefer the L96A1.

Comment

If you have a target with the SVD you can easily pump off 3 rounds so it should stay as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by EC-Paulus-
            Instead of making it two-shots per kill, the crosshair should be changed to the regular point in the middle. The SVD is only under par when it comes to scope. Thats the only reason why I prefer the L96A1.
            What about the Chinese sniper?

Comment

see if its two shots..then the m24 and l96 would just be trashed since it takes two shot for that gun to kill and its also bolt action..u get less shots in

ive had many times when i put a nice clean shot through someone and do half damage and then they bunny hop away...and i always end up getting kill damage assists

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal-Souljah
                I don't see how you could be lethal with that weapon

the safety is on :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
                  I don't see how you could be lethal with that weapon

the safety is on :laugh:
                  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously?

I think the SVD is lethal as it is. Its rapid fire is much better for CQC than bolt rifles and has saved my butt more than a few times. (When I don't have time to change to pistol or course.)

Comment

Originally posted by coolbho3000

Seriously?
                    yep

_______

Comment

LMAO troy.

Walk up and stab him in the face. take the safety off next time moron!! Click, click, click, click

Comment

In almost any situation the svd is the most dealy gun IMO. If your in a sniper fight(and know how to aim), the svd usually wins. They shoot and most times miss. Then you shoot. If you miss no big deal you have semi-auto; they dont. Even if they connect they may not get the headshot. Another thing is, svd is a one shot headshot, like the bolt actions. Think about this, with the m24 or l96 you'll be going for the headshot, so why not just use the svd? Ammo is a big deal to me, because I can rack up 30 kills before dying in karkand on most occasions, so svd is ironically more conservative for me when it comes to ammo. I can understand how it's under par because of the sight, but if you practice and master the headshot point, then its twice as deadly as the bolt actions. The key to everything, along with the svd is practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal-Souljah
                          See its weird how the SVD owns in other games yet is isn't exactly what I'd call the best Sniper in BF2, some people can use it very good, but most people do not like it. Less damage, Bad crosshair, recoil is quite alot and some people prefer Bolt Action.

Now, I use this, I call it ''lethal'' the one in BF2 is not what I call ''lethal''. i rack up 20-30 kills a round with that SVD, its an auto Sniper, 2 shots to the body = kill, and of course headshot = kill. On BF2 it takes alot of shots to kill someone with the SVD. Do you think that the SVD would be better if it was 2 shots to kill?

Im not asking for any nerfs its just a general question, and a debate if you like, just so the flamers know.
                          well the svd ain't that bad in bf2 it only takes 3 shots to kill,this is a good balance vs boltaction's 2 shot to kill,but they all kill in 1 shot to the head.

yes the crosshair is very bad for svd,and type 88 although the type 88 crosshair looks nice its still not dead on likle the 2 boltaction rifle's

you can see for yourself in my weapons thread,

the svd centre point(where 99% of players aim for a headshot) is not dead-on the svd crosshair is off to the right,once you compensate for this the gun is a bit better.

back on topic if youre were to make svd kill in 2 you would have to make bolt's kill in 1 shot,then mess balancing all other guns aswell.

imo leave it as it is,and i like the satisfaction from getting a headshot,and getting the 1shot kill,

tuning the snipers main gun to what you have suggested takes the skill/fun away fro sniping.

then i would get no kill-assist with my bolt sniper rifle's and would own the server.

most players would hate that

even me.

Comment

Again it was just a small thing, small debate. In real life a 50 CAL would kill if you shot someone in the chest no? I know that BF2 isn't real life, but it balances for both sides, if you were say Medic and a Sniper shot and killed you, you would be mad, if you were Sniper and were getting kills one by one with shooting someone in the chest and killing you would be .

Anyway the SVD doesn't really have that much benefits going for it. The L96A1, not too bad recoil, high damage, high accuracy.

The Sniper wasn't on safety TroyBob, your trying to stir ****, funny how that round I got 17 kills from that posistion. The game is Vietcong so you know, used to play it alot when it came out back in 2003.

Comment

And in games a safety graphic means nothing at all..... So dont be causing problems!

Comment

Working...
                              X