• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The All Seeing Eye - shows me only 1.0 servers

Hi,

I edited the filters.txt like in this guide so it can work with bf2:

Problem - Getting BF2 to work with All Seeing Eye
    Cause - BF2 coded limit
    Fix - Go to your ASE directory (default C:\Program Files\The All-Seeing Eye) and open up filters.txt. Search for "battlefield 2" and here's what you should have:

Code:
    Battlefield 2

ServerType: GS
    RegKey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\INSTALLDIR
    ExeName: BF2.EXE
    JoinTemplate: {EXEPATH} +restart 1 +joinServer {ip} +port {port} [ +password "{PASSWORD}"]
    HostTemplate: {EXEPATH} +restart 1 +hostServer 1

Now, change the JoinTemplate line to this:
    Code:
    JoinTemplate: {EXEPATH} +joinServer {ip} +port {port} +username yourusername +playerPassword yourpassword [ +password "{PASSWORD}"]

Note that what you did was remove the +restart 1 and added +username yourusername +playerPassword yourpassword, of course replacing yourusername and yourpassword with your, um, username and password.

Once you join a server through ASE, you will bypass the login menu for BF2 and the game might seem to freeze for a bit with the EA message. Just wait a few seconds and BF2 should start loading your new map!

Note : that a filters update in ASE will clear your modifications.

Ok, it works, but whenever I join a server it says "you have a newer version of bf2 than this server" or something similar.
    I suspect ASE shows me only 1.0 servers (I use 1.3).

How can I make it work? I didn't like qtracker, the original menu of BF2 sux - it takes 5-10 seconds to only SELECT a server, updating takes time... ASE is the best. Too bad it doesn't work.

Is there a solution like editing some file? Cause these ones works the best.

Re: The All Seeing Eye - shows me only 1.0 servers

ASE died with v1.3

See this thread:

Comment

Yeah, it's a sticky at the top of the page...

Comment

Thanks, Ive already seen it, I guess no solution here...
        Thanks anyway.

Comment

Trust me...Qtracker has come a LONG way. I used to not like it either.

But, now it's better than ASE in every way. Plus, it gets updated VERY regularly (and usually after each BF2 patch)

ASE was great back in 'the day'...but Yahoo has basically ruined it. They bought it and then did not allocate ANY staff to keep it updated...they just let it die.

Comment

I'll miss you ASE.

The All Seeing eye
            somewhere in the 20th century-2005?
            A browser to all of us
            R.I.P

Comment

If your an ASE user , give Qtracker a shot. Or another shot if you tried it during it's infancy.

Ron Mercer it's creator is very attentative too. If you post a problem in the Qtracker forum you get a response with in a day, and useally within a few hours.

I was an ASE user from it's on set and felt lost with out it. But I like Qtracker now just as much, and as Talus said maybe even more.

I personally think X-fire is a tad bloated, lots of stuff I don't want and it's not a very good browser. GameSPy Arcade is just that an arcade. The bells, blings, pops, chat rooms, private rooms, and ads ads, and more ads, drive me nuts. There really is only one alternative to all that, and it's Qtracker.

Comment

Working...
              X