Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Audio?

Hey lads,
    Just recently got a new mother board. (WinFast K7S) I reinstalled BF2 and most recent patch 1.3 and it works fine except for, after loading the map and server the audio cuts out and never comes back even after exiting the game. The only way to get audio back is to actually restart the computer. This also happens when playing UT2K4, also after loading the map and server.
    I reinstalled my audio drivers and got a few new ones, but nothing has worked. Any help or comments would be great.
    Thanks in advance,
    Cpt. Ford.

Re: No Audio?

Do u have onboard audio or sound card audio?

Comment

Onboard.

Comment

What audio settings do you have selected in BF2?

Make sure you are using Software mode, low to medium settings, and that EAX is turned off.

Can you run DXDiag and run the DirectSound audio tests without any errors?

Comment

Maybe update you'r sound drivers.

Comment

He did..read his initial post

Comment

Hmmm Buy new speakers!!!or time for a new sound card Hmmm...
              I let Talus Figure it out.

Comment

you may need to download a motherboard drivers set. Like mine (see sig) i had to download Nvidia Nforce Motherboard Drivers, which install all the drivers in one, ie AGP, Sound,PCI, USB drivers etc etc

Look on WinFast website, or check to make sure u haven't forgotten to install from the cd supplied with the mobo.

Check at their website here....http://www.leadtek.com.tw/eng/suppor....asp?license=y

Comment

Try switching off VOIP.

Comment

Both tests ran without any problems. And to =TBS= Tonic, great site could have used it with my last computer, but sadly my mother board isn't there. I guess the K7S741GXMG-6L isn't that popular of a mother board.
                    Thanks for all the help guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ford
                      Both tests ran without any problems. And to =TBS= Tonic, great site could have used it with my last computer, but sadly my mother board isn't there. I guess the K7S741GXMG-6L isn't that popular of a mother board.
                      Thanks for all the help guys.
                      One thing that I remember from getting a new motherboard is that you ALWAYS should format your computer when buying new motherboards. You for the most of the time can't uninstall all driveres properly, and installing new ones fails...

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ford
                        great site could have used it with my last computer, but sadly my mother board isn't there. I guess the K7S741GXMG-6L isn't that popular of a mother board.
                        Or possibly it is a Foxconn board,

Xoilac là trang web hoàn hảo để xem bóng đá và xem video trực tiếp độ phân giải cao. Đặc biệt, không có bất cứ quảng cáo xuất hiện trên Xoilac, vì vậy người xem vẫn thoải mái thưởng thức trận bóng đá mà không lo bị quấy rầy bởi quảng cáo. Ngoài ra, với đội ngũ nhiều chuyên môn, những dự báo chuẩn xác cho từng trận đấu bóng đá liên tục được tung ra. Sẽ lưu lại dấu ấn sâu đậm trong tâm trí người xem với màu sắc sinh động, âm thanh chân thực và cuốn hút trên Xoilac.

Anyway who made it is mostly irrelevant. You have/know the most important bit of info, the chipset, which in your case is a SIS741. You don't need to get the drivers from the manufacturer's site as you can get them here,

Grab the AGP/GART, and network driver (might as well have the latest ones). As for the sound drivers, if your board really is the Foxconn you will need to get the drivers from them,

Xoilac là trang web hoàn hảo để xem bóng đá và xem video trực tiếp độ phân giải cao. Đặc biệt, không có bất cứ quảng cáo xuất hiện trên Xoilac, vì vậy người xem vẫn thoải mái thưởng thức trận bóng đá mà không lo bị quấy rầy bởi quảng cáo. Ngoài ra, với đội ngũ nhiều chuyên môn, những dự báo chuẩn xác cho từng trận đấu bóng đá liên tục được tung ra. Sẽ lưu lại dấu ấn sâu đậm trong tâm trí người xem với màu sắc sinh động, âm thanh chân thực và cuốn hút trên Xoilac.

as Realtek has dropped support for the ALC655 (unless your board happens to have a different sound chip than the one listed in the specs).

Comment

Originally posted by Doggie52
                          One thing that I remember from getting a new motherboard is that you ALWAYS should format your computer when buying new motherboards. You for the most of the time can't uninstall all driveres properly, and installing new ones fails...

I had just assumed that he reformatted..but good point!

Comment

Working...
                          X