tips on sraw/eryx shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tips on sraw/eryx shooting

I'm trying out anti-tank lately and my problem is that whenever i fire my rocket, the tank fires and it kills me. should i be trying to curve that thing from a different angle so the tank doesn't give out its warning? i basically strafe in around building, fire, and strafe out. that sounds pretty smple but the tank still tags me sometimes. should i practice no zoom, curved shooting? or is it easier just to do what i do, strafe in around building with zoom, fire, strafe out. i want to be a tankers worst nightmare so please help me out.

Re: tips on sraw/eryx shooting

First thing from expericne, you just shoot, dont take a long time to aim, cause if a tank driver hears a warning he will deploy smoke and back away and see who is aiming at him.

Comment

or the tank has uav over.

Comment

Tips on forum usage. http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/search.php

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhawk5
          First thing from expericne, you just shoot, dont take a long time to aim, cause if a tank driver hears a warning he will deploy smoke and back away and see who is aiming at him.
          I hardly ever see tanks pop smoke. :P

Best thing you can do, have high ground, and learn to fire it without the zoom. Not zooming means you can poke out, take your shot, then immediately get behind cover again. Don't give them time to react, and they won't be able to. High ground works because tanks have a fairly narrow vertical field of view, and in the right situations, can't even shoot back, and usually won't have a wall to just kill you with the splash from.

And of course, don't shoot a tank while it's facing you. Don't even point it at them while they're facing you, keep your other gun in your hands until you're ready. They should hear the alarm, get slammed by the missile, and have no idea where it came from.

When you're too close to the tank (like, right next to it), often you'll shoot it and it'll start backing up, to both get out of the way and get you in the crosshairs, sprint TOWARDS it so you can stay in its blind spot and maybe get another shot off. DON'T try that against APCs though.

Comment

Originally posted by amndunncw
            i did do a search but didn't find anything to my liking so your tip isn't very helpful, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by matasho
              i did do a search but didn't find anything to my liking so your tip isn't very helpful, sorry.
              Don´t bother answering him...he just pops and try to annoy someone.

First thing you should do is Spot the tank to know where it is lookinh, then when he turns away shoot him.
              And try to never shoot from the same position.

Comment

i like playing AT alot, and I tend to never shoot in a straight line, always curve, it. You can fire, and then hide behind walls or sandbags whilst still aiming at the target and get good hits.

If you fire from a long way away, on a moving target, then you need to lead. Its doesn't put the alarm on the vehicle until the moment of impact.

Comment

I always aim with the scope unless it's a near point blank shot. What's important is to hit them from the side, and hit them in the treads. Lead the tank, so instead of getting the lockon alarm they roll right into your missile.

Comment

Another good tactic is to aim right above the tank, and drop your missile down to the treads or turret at the last second. This way, they don't know it'ss coming till it hits.

Comment

As most people have said, aim away from the tank then bring your shot in at the last minute, the driver will have no idea where he just got hit from.

Comment

wow all good tips, i'm going to try it out tonite and try to get a 1:1 ratio haha.

Comment

THINK FIRST! Ask yourself: Can I hope to bring down this tank or APC? If the answer is no THEN DON’T FIRE A ROCKET! Simple as that: but if you have good cover and enough rockets or if the tank is already smoking then fire away. There are 3 places to aim for: A= The front “roll” or the back “roll” of the treads. B= The bottom of the tank. C= The turrent of the tank.

Position- You need excellent positioning as an Anti Tank. Try to get above and to the side of where the tanks is/ will be. It makes it harder to track your position. Remember when you fire there is a trail of smoke…. So NEVER EVER fire from the same position in a row or even in a round. Be in a place where you can dodge down or slide over into solid cover. Even if you are concealed, in the open you will probably die.

When you fire a rocket swoop it in to hit the target so there is no warning lock, also this will make the smoke trail harder to trace

AT Strategies from my so called "old news" guide Maybe not so old... ehh??

Comment

it's all about where you hit them. Do you want to use 5 missles to kill the tank? Or just 2? 2 sounds better to me! Go for the treads if it's to your side, or anywhere on the rear 1/3 of the tank.

Comment

learn to shoot without aiming. It takes alot of practice, and at first you may see yourself putting a little peice of paper or something where the crosshair would be, but it was a HUGE advantage over using the scope. It takes ALOT faster to reload using no scope, and the biggest advantage, is that you can jump around and move freely while being non-scope. Being a very hard to hit target for the tank. practice makes perfect, so you may as well start now

Comment

Working...
                              X