LAG LAG LAG LAG did i mention LAG!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAG LAG LAG LAG did i mention LAG!!

Hi all i notcied yesterday while in my clan match i was getting super lag that was in a USA server but im in UK so i thought that might be the cause. Today i went into an NL and a UK server and my ping is fine maybe 10 - 20 then it jumps up to 150 then 300 then 500 then goes back down. My pc works fine with BF2 before yesterday im on a wired network ive re booted my internet conection and router, im also doing an antivirus scan and 2 spyware etc scans if i cant find anything has anyone got any ideas what it could be ??

Thanks a lot.

Re: LAG LAG LAG LAG did i mention LAG!!

Try doing some traces to various web sites (e.g. google.com microsoft.com) and a few BF2 game servers.

You can use Ping Plotter from www.pingplotter.com

It will show you graphically where the lag is occurring.

Comment

Ok well ive done it on the servers i was on that a pritty neat tool its going at 20ms nothing over that for a UK server, so it might be something else, i will have another go on BF2 and see if i lag now ive made sure i have no viruses and ive reebooted my router

Comment

Ok, now leave Ping Plotter running in the background and play some BF2. If you experience any weird ping or lag, then note the time and check that time against the graph in ping plotter.

Comment

Well atm the lag has disappeared i don know why but i will keep you infromed if i get it again.

^^ Lol it came back but im not sure what to do with the data i have.

Oh and my pc is: AMD 3500 1 GB RAM NVIDIA 6600 256MB and my internet connection is the by the best provider in england 4mb. All my grahpics are on medium with AA off and 90% view. But ive had no problems sinse i got the PC in may and i dont think any other game does it.

I have just also made sure that PB is up to date which it is now and im going to see if i get any more lag

Nope its still doing it and on TS2 im getting Sound lag

Comment

Working...
          X