Increase in accuracy with a roll?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increase in accuracy with a roll?

Maybe this topic has allready been discussed but i haven´t found nothing in the forum, so here it goes.

I have noticed that I die more often when somebody before shooting jumps and when hit the groud rolls.

So I tried today to test this theory with a friend, and it seems it´s true, when you jump and roll it apears that´s more easy to get an head shot than just going prone.

Other thing we noticed is that when shooting into the head of a guy that is prone and facing straight ahed at you it is much more dificult to get an head shot, even if he is still. If he is facing the other way around almost all the shots count as a head shot.

Did anybody noticed this or is this just imagination or lag problems?

Re: Increase in accuracy with a roll?

Well, also if it isn't right and does not increase your acuracy, you can still believe it does and it will have the same effect :P

btw, how do you roll exactly? (yeah yeah noob question)

Comment

You don't need to jump, when rolling it confuses the enemy and wait for you to finish the roll. By that time he is already dead. I roll but I didn't know I rolled so much when I recorded myself lol. Since I play support and all the support guns work when prone, i just hit the prone key I don't mean to roll but it just comes out.

Comment

When you go prone press left or right key.
        You won´t notice that you are rolling, but people that are looking at you will se the animation of you rolling.
        The way to increase the accuracy (maybe, not a fact) is jumping and the imediatly go prone and roll...and of course start shooting.

Comment

Don't know about the second bit tho, if a guy is prone and facing me I almost always get a head shot.

Comment

Originally posted by RMcLeod
            Don't know about the second bit tho, if a guy is prone and facing me I almost always get a head shot.
            Yes, It was strange, we where very close to one another (abaut 20 feet away and we were testing alone in hte server) and we never seem to hit an head shot.
            I forgot to tell that we were shooting with assault rifles and not sniper rifles.

Comment

When I got up againt someone else prone, I aim for the head, I may get hit and get on red but the RPK is a monster

Comment

don't forget your hit box is smaller when you roll. i love killing people that roll because i know they have the advange and they stilled get owned.

Comment

as far as I know, you do get the accuracy *modifier* when jumping and going prone, but jumping (moving does as well) gives you accuracy penalty, that doesn't go right away (jump/move penalties "bleed off" a bit per server tick - this is also dependant on the weapon)

therefore, if you do jump+prone+roll you have less accuracy than the guy who has been proning still for awhile. You eventually will gain the same accuracy though, as long as you stay still

I checked this out after some m16 vs g36e debate and I'm pretty sure this is how it works, I may be incorrect though

naturally, you're also harder to hit, than the guy who's just proning still

if you feel that people who roll kill you more often than others, I think it could be because it's hard to spot when your enemy is firing when he's rolling - odds are that by the time he has finished the roll animation he already has fired 5 shots which you didn't notice (if entire encounter takes 2-3 seconds, it's not all that hard to miss some shots/hits that take half a second :P). Animations and stance transitions and the like are bit strange in online play in BF2.

It's also possible that by average rolling players are just a bit better shots, given the better player gets, less he spends time standing (well, proning) still. But this one is hardly a rule :P

Comment

The roll is an animation and nothing more. All you have to do is strafe (left or right) and then press Z at the same time. It's got nothing to do with how "hard you hit the ground", anyone cna do it. As far as I know, there is no increase in accuracy over just being prone in any other situation.

Comment

well sometimes i prone and then i roll to line the guy up better if i'm a bit off so that i'm right at the head cuz its easier to strafe into the guy's head than to adjust the mouse. but i'm not too sure about the increased accuracy, i'd have to try it out. i do get killed a lot by people proning and killing me in half a second evne though i get the jump on them.

Comment

There's no increase in accuracy but the animation presented to your enemy can confuse them. To them you're diving and rolling and if they shoot at your animation, they're shooting air as you and your hitbox are on the ground. More experienced players know what's going on and automatically shoot for the feet or below the rolling animation.

Comment

Originally posted by matasho
                          well sometimes i prone and then i roll to line the guy up better if i'm a bit off so that i'm right at the head cuz its easier to strafe into the guy's head than to adjust the mouse. but i'm not too sure about the increased accuracy, i'd have to try it out. i do get killed a lot by people proning and killing me in half a second evne though i get the jump on them.
                          That is just the strafe though, you cannot roll...It's an automatic animation. You can strafe and prone, the result is the animation. But it's useless to you as a player from your perspective doing it since you point of view stays the same except being on the ground.

Comment

ROLL? show me the video of you proning and rolling... I want to see your screen view rotates 360 degrees right? When you strafe, are you doing cartwheels too?

Comment

In america's army they actually show you rolling. I don't think the bf2 engine is capable of doing that.

Comment

Working...
                              X