vsync will not turn off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vsync will not turn off

As the title suggests, vsync will not turn off.
    This is my system:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ running 2.7ghz,
    Corsair 2GB Dual Channel,
    ATI Radeon Sapphire X1900XT

I either get 75 fps or around 38 fps and I have vsync turned off completely in Catalyst Control Center 6.7 (tried downgrading to 6.6 but didn't help). I just tried running HL2 and that also seems to be having the same problem as BF2. Any ideas?

Re: vsync will not turn off

How can you tell that vsync isn't turned off? Low frame rates? It doesn't seem like that should be any sort of an issue with an x1900XT.

Comment

My framerate never goes higher than 75 which is my monitor's refresh rate so that means vsync is on but when the framerate goes it shoots all the way down to 38fps

Comment

Originally posted by Neat_Hedgehog
        How can you tell that vsync isn't turned off? Low frame rates? It doesn't seem like that should be any sort of an issue with an x1900XT.
        u can tell if the refresh rate is NOT turned off by never receiving tears in the screen.

My framerate never goes higher than 75 which is my monitor's refresh rate so that means vsync is on but when the framerate goes it shoots all the way down to 38fps
        But on 2xAA & then turn off VSYNC.

Comment

You could always try using a program like ATI Tray Tools and set vsync to "off" through there. If that worked, then the problem would lie in CCC somehow.

@ Tonic: Yes, I know. I just was asking how he knew that it wasn't turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by =TBS=Tonic
            u can tell if the refresh rate is NOT turned off by never receiving tears in the screen.
            I don't get any tears and i'm sure vsync is on but I don't know why

Comment

Originally posted by apwd007
              I don't get any tears and i'm sure vsync is on but I don't know why
              well then Vsync is on, do what i said above, and come back.

Comment

Put it at 2xAA, no difference. Installed ATI Tray Tools and made sure vsync was switched off in that, no difference

I've just realised this only happens when I run games in the 1280 x 1024 resolution

Comment

Working...
                X