Map Pack 3 issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Pack 3 issue

Not sure if this was posted. I download map pack 3 and when I try to play one I get as far as the loading screen, as soon at it's done BF2 closes and I'm looking at my desk top. Anybody else?

Re: Map Pack 3 issue

Originally posted by urwathrtz
    Not sure if this was posted. I download map pack 3 and when I try to play one I get as far as the loading screen, as soon at it's done BF2 closes and I'm looking at my desk top. Anybody else?

its not the map pack its the crash to desktop bug

Comment

It's important that the map pack supports the version of the game you have installed. So if you have patched the game to v1.3, the map pack must support v1.3. There should be some info in the readme-file.

Comment

Try bumping your graphics to at least medium...specifically the textures ones. Sometimes you can experience CTDs when your graphics are set too low.

Comment

Have to say you folks on this forum are fantastic with helping a brother out. Not like other forums....Steam...cough...excuse me....

Comment

Originally posted by urwathrtz
            Have to say you folks on this forum are fantastic with helping a brother out. Not like other forums....Steam...cough...excuse me....
            He's right, everytime you ask for help in a Steam forum they just give you useless links to faq's, we don't want that, we have read that, we want help from someone who is an expert on this, not have to read a bunch of stuff we already read.

Comment

Originally posted by FFOLKES
              Try bumping your graphics to at least medium...specifically the textures ones. Sometimes you can experience CTDs when your graphics are set too low.
              I thought it was terrain that sometimes needed to be on medium. I know it's one or the other.

Comment

You guys should check out this thread if you are looking at the map packs.

Comment

Originally posted by jdrou
                  I thought it was terrain that sometimes needed to be on medium. I know it's one or the other.
                  Actually I should have said both. Here is my offline account video.con file:

VideoSettings.setTerrainQuality 2
                  VideoSettings.setGeometryQuality 1
                  VideoSettings.setLightingQuality 1
                  VideoSettings.setDynamicLightingQuality 0
                  VideoSettings.setDynamicShadowsQuality 0
                  VideoSettings.setEffectsQuality 1
                  VideoSettings.setTextureQuality 2
                  VideoSettings.setTextureFilteringQuality 2
                  VideoSettings.setResolution 1280x1024@75Hz
                  VideoSettings.setAntialiasing 6Samples
                  VideoSettings.setViewDistanceScale 1
                  VideoSettings.setVideoOptionScheme 3