Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get paid to play BF2 anyone know from who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get paid to play BF2 anyone know from who?

Hey guys,

I have been looking and only found www.prizefight.com to pay to play BF2 that require actual skills i also found getpaid2playbf2.com and I don't really want to 'draw' to find out who wins.

I was wondering if anyone here knew of any other than thoes two. Thanks

Re: Get paid to play BF2 anyone know from who?

I doubt it, I only know of the service that MYIS are running at getpaid2playbf2.com

Comment

Originally posted by EAGLE_18
      I doubt it, I only know of the service that MYIS are running at getpaid2playbf2.com

well um I don't like the 'random' concept, it doesnt erm feel rewarding really 'winning' something from a drawing also, umm i think it should take some skill to get the stuff...I was thinking of something close to prizefight...

Comment

Paid 2 play was discontinued according the the myis site.

Comment

My friend did the get paid to play bf2 and won the random drawing of a Ati Radeon X1900XT

Comment

Originally posted by aao_pwner
            well um I don't like the 'random' concept, it doesnt erm feel rewarding really 'winning' something from a drawing also, umm i think it should take some skill to get the stuff...I was thinking of something close to prizefight...
            What we found is that "skill" is relative to what you personally define as "skill".

Initially, we set out to have a program that rewards people for things like knife kills, revives, mine kills, etc. This proved to be impossible on a large scale because we were unable to track points gained on specific servers (we could only track how many knife kills you have in total, for example -- not how man you've had on servers A, B and C). The alternative was to require servers to install software that we would write to gather these stats, which was impossible because ranked server providers will not allow this to keep things stable/fair.

Even if the concept of a skill based reward system were technically feasible on a large scale and could be streamlined into the community, you would run into problems with people that "pad" the stats in order to gain rewards. Any form of statistical gathering can be padded, no matter how much thought is put into it. Then the issue of multiple people using the same account would peek out of its hole

Anyhoo, case in point, a system that rewards people for "skill" is nearly impossible to properly balance and make truly fair. When money is involved, the human race has a tendecy to get ... lets say ... "creative" in how they play.

If you want to play for money, get some friends together and join a tournament. I read that Team Warchild just won $10,000 in some tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Spetsnaz
              What we found is that "skill" is relative to what you personally define as "skill".

Initially, we set out to have a program that rewards people for things like knife kills, revives, mine kills, etc. This proved to be impossible on a large scale because we were unable to track points gained on specific servers (we could only track how many knife kills you have in total, for example -- not how man you've had on servers A, B and C). The alternative was to require servers to install software that we would write to gather these stats, which was impossible because ranked server providers will not allow this to keep things stable/fair.

Even if the concept of a skill based reward system were technically feasible on a large scale and could be streamlined into the community, you would run into problems with people that "pad" the stats in order to gain rewards. Any form of statistical gathering can be padded, no matter how much thought is put into it. Then the issue of multiple people using the same account would peek out of its hole

Anyhoo, case in point, a system that rewards people for "skill" is nearly impossible to properly balance and make truly fair. When money is involved, the human race has a tendecy to get ... lets say ... "creative" in how they play.

If you want to play for money, get some friends together and join a tournament. I read that Team Warchild just won $10,000 in some tourney.

Well, my point is, even if you become one of the best having read your post, it would still be a drawing correct...? And I don't like not-getting rewarded for things I accomplished LoL.. Just not my thing

--EDIT--

anyone here know where to sign up for theese tournaments... also are they online.. because i dont think traveling to one is feasible, but if you have one thats on a LAN go ahead and post it i'll still be interested...

Comment

Working...
              X