Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delayed response -- Controls Stop Responding (mouse+keyboard)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delayed response -- Controls Stop Responding (mouse+keyboard)

This has been happening for awhile now, I can't pinpoint when it started though.

Sometimes (usually ALOT, even in a single map) I can be running, doing whatever, and suddenly.

What happens is this, usually it happens when I'm running. Suddenly, I'm still running, but my controls stop responding. Mouse and Keyboard. So basically I stop touching them for a few seconds, and I'll finally regain control of my character (usually after he's auto-runned into the middle of a road and been run over).

Things I have noticed about it. ALL controls stop being responsive when this happens. I use the R button to talk in ventrilo. When this happens while holding down the button, the vent gets stuck until I regain control of my character also.

I play on a laptop, and I've tried changing mice. Didn't help.

Has anyone had this problem before? I just reformatted and I hoped that the problem would sorta just disappear, but its back, and it seems to happen more often.

Any suggestions?

Re: Delayed response -- Controls Stop Responding (mouse+keyboard)

Do you have the BF2.exe process set to a higher priority?

If so, return it to normal.

Comment

No, I have made zero adjustments to any external settings.

I'm running low-medium video settings.

Comment

Are you on wireless?

are you running any automatic processes in the background like Defrag or Virus scans or updates?

Since you said laptop, go into your Power settings and make sure the OS is not turning off the disk drive or any other features when the power line is hooked up.

Comment

No, I'm using a wired connection, and the keybaord is built into the laptop, and the mouse is a standard USB optical mouse.

And no, the OS is not turning off the power to the hard disk, etc.

Comment

Is Ventrilo running in high priority mode?

Do you have ANY processes running in high priority mode?

Find out by running Task Manager and then selecting 'View' then 'Select Columns' and check off the box beside 'Base Priority'.

Comment

The only processes running in high priority are window's processes that cannot be terminated.

Comment

K...just had to rule that out completely

Comment

Anyone else? I find it odd that I'd be the only person *ever* to have this issue. It drives me crazy.

Comment

Yea it happens to me too when i only play singleplayer. Sometimes when i walk i press the w and i let go and it keeps on walking by itself for like 2 seconds. It sucks.

Comment

try doing sum spyware and adare scans and virus and defrag

Comment

i already defragged it once like a week ago.

Comment

I just reformatted, I have zero spyware, and my hard drive is *not* fragmented.

Comment

I'm having this problem as well with my new X800XT (AGP).

My only processes running on "high" is Windows processes. This is driving me nuts.

Comment

I formatted about a week ago and now have this same problem, no one fixed it yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X