Battlerecorder Singleplayer help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlerecorder Singleplayer help.

I'm fooling around in single player and I want to try and get some cool shots, so I figure I'll use Battlerecorder. Just a couple questions, tough.

What is the command to start recording?

What is the command to stop recording?

Where are the recorder files saved? Can I simply click on the community tab and view them from there?

That's pretty much it for now, thanks.

(Oh, and don't link me to a Battlerecorder guide, just answer the questions please )

Re: Battlerecorder Singleplayer help.

Ok...here we go

We need to create these directories, if you don't have them, first off

First you need a C:/program files/EA games/battlefield 2/mods/bf2/demos..

This is where your demos are going to be stored

Then you need to create on in your C:"your documents"/battlefield 2/profiles/default/demos

This is where your going to move the demos to so they can be viewed in battlefield

After doing that....go into single player and bring down the console using the "~" button by your number 1 of course, lol. Make sure your line to type on is clear cause often times the "~" will be there, just backspace it out. Type "demo.recorddemo name of demo" you can name it whatever. Then get rid of the console and begin playing!

After your done playing, bring the console back down and type "demo.stoprecording" and it will stop. Exit BF2 and go to your first folder you created in the program files. There will be two files there, cut them and paste them in your second folder you created. Open BF2, go to "community" and it will be there on your right

Any questions just ask...hope this explains it....prolly not, but still, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by 116_UOB
      Ok...here we go

Then you need to create on in your C:"your documents"/battlefield 2/profiles/default/demos

This is where your going to move the demos to so they can be viewed in battlefield

After doing that....go into single player and bring down the console using the "~" button by your number 1 of course, lol. Make sure your line to type on is clear cause often times the "~" will be there, just backspace it out. Type "demo.recorddemo name of demo" you can name it whatever. Then get rid of the console and begin playing!

After your done playing, bring the console back down and type "demo.stoprecording" and it will stop. Exit BF2 and go to your first folder you created in the program files. There will be two files there, cut them and paste them in your second folder you created. Open BF2, go to "community" and it will be there on your right

Thanks a bunch for the help! I didn't know you had ot manually create the folders.

Again, thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by 116_UOB
        Ok...here we go

Thanks man, I needed that very much. This is really good, simple and I hope it is effective aswell.

Comment

It's pretty easy to get great looking shots using the Battlerecorder, as demonstrated below.

Comment

nice ss

Comment

You can increase the quality battlerecorder records at by going to C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Settings and find the serversettings.CON. If you open that and find sv.demoQuality 1 and change the 1 to any number from 1-10.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin
                You can increase the quality battlerecorder records at by going to C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Settings and find the serversettings.CON. If you open that and find sv.demoQuality 1 and change the 1 to any number from 1-10.
                there was a way to set the details BF2 to a higher setting that what you can select in the options menu - have you heard of that?

Comment

Originally posted by psychomyst
                  there was a way to set the details BF2 to a higher setting that what you can select in the options menu - have you heard of that?
                  I think you are referring to the much debated "ultra-high" graphics setting, which as you quite rightly say isnt available in the GUI but was selectable by editing the video.con in;

[DRIVE LETTER]:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001

and editing the figures from whatever thy were, probably 3 to a 4 and read onlying the file to keep the settings

i have used this 4 ultra-high setting for ages now, and whilst the shadows are awfully jagged with that setting i am adamant that the bumpmapping and textures are of a higher quality since.

i understand the placebo effect argument and have done that myself with many things on computers in the past, placebo effect does bite you sometimes....but visually the eyes dont lie when you go back to 3 and look at the same buggy wheel only to see much less detail and bumpmapping on the tread of the tyre, and with many other things.

perhaps it is a setting which will only be of benefit on certain graphics cards, models, chipsets etc etc.......what i am trying to say is that just because it is good for the goose dont mean is is good for the gander...it may only be visibly different for some ppl depending on their hardware!! - i leave it cause it looks better and there is no performance hit whatsoever.

so this is a different area to the beforementioned demorecord quality of 10 max.

adam

Comment

Working...
                  X