Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1.4 release date

Originally posted by RocketPunch
    How the 1.3 patch makes the game unplayable???

The smacktard behavior and attitude of a lot of BF2 player makes the game far more unplayable than any patch from Dice, if you ask me.
    I'll second that!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pmosh
      1.01?
      1.02?
      1.03?
      1.11?

9 patches, 10 with 1.4 and it will be 500MB

Something tells me BF2 was incomplete when they released it.
      Dude, there is patch 1.0, 1.12,1.20,1.21,1.22, and now 1.30

Comment

Originally posted by Eye_of_god
        Dude, there is patch 1.0, 1.12,1.20,1.21,1.22, and now 1.30
        Yes, but there were other patches prior to 1.12. 1.01 was released and it was found to have a memory leak which required a hotfix patch a few days later which I believe ended up being 1.02. 1.03 was released somewhere in October, and it was a big one impact-wise because it reduced a lot of the reward requirements that you see now (no more 4500 hours required for army medals, no more 250,000 points for Sergeant Major, no more 250h/1000h for the veteran/expert kit badge, etc.). I think 1.12 was the patch which brought in the officer ranks. 1.2 was the super-AA and super-PKM patch IIRC. Don't remember what changes they made to 1.21 and 1.22, but we all know about the loveliness that is 1.3. I don't remember which patch it was that changed the FF-off option for claymores but the day it was released was the day that the palace in Warlord changed forever (and NOT for the better ).

~Wolfgang

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgang Abenteuer
          Yes, but there were other patches prior to 1.12. 1.01 was released and it was found to have a memory leak which required a hotfix patch a few days later which I believe ended up being 1.02. 1.03 was released somewhere in October, and it was a big one impact-wise because it reduced a lot of the reward requirements that you see now (no more 4500 hours required for army medals, no more 250,000 points for Sergeant Major, no more 250h/1000h for the veteran/expert kit badge, etc.). I think 1.12 was the patch which brought in the officer ranks. 1.2 was the super-AA and super-PKM patch IIRC. Don't remember what changes they made to 1.21 and 1.22, but we all know about the loveliness that is 1.3. I don't remember which patch it was that changed the FF-off option for claymores but the day it was released was the day that the palace in Warlord changed forever (and NOT for the better ).

~Wolfgang
          Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks for the Info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgang Abenteuer

~Wolfgang
            Man such a polite way to comment on how they destroyed Warlord... Your restraint is admirable. Seemes like every <censored> in the universe is trying to take his explosive badge in that map..

Comment

1.4 beta 3 will sure come out before the final release
              I think we should wait for september for the beta 3 because during the summer period most of society close for the vacation ^^

Comment

1.2 patch was the major one - it removed the ability to go prone in the air, jump while firing, c4 chuck, and fixed the so called "spring exploit" against everyone's will.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
                  There are some things I'm glad they patched..

Remember back when you were crouching and used the commo rose and you'd automatically stand up?

Remember when none of the control point names were shown on the maps?

Remember when supply crates had no 3d map icons?

Remember when arty TKs counted against the poor commander?

Man..that sucked.
                  Yes I remember that. It did suck. There were plenty of things about 1.12 that where not that great either.

Wish I could find one of these for the original version of BF2 or even 1.02, so people could see how far we have come. Yes there have been patch problems, but all in all there have been improvements.

My three biggest complaints besides server crashing:

The game performace needs to be restored to the point before 1.10 (When SF was released)

J-10 - F35 balance

Any why does a Marine run out of breath running accross the street. Give them some more stamina like you will see in the No Vehicle option. Let the infantry get out of harms way when confronting armor.

Comment

Working...
                  X