fps problem solved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fps problem solved

hey all i learned this tip off a thread in this forum to fet better fps at the begining of the game type in pb_sleep500 and to save it type in pb_writecfg i had noticable nore fps went from 40ish to 60_70ish

Re: fps problem solved

is there a space between the end of sleep and the start of 500..?

Comment

Yes, the command is
      Code:
      pb_sleep 500
      then type
      Code:
      pb_writecfg
      to save it.

Comment

Thanks! Will try that!!! Hopefully with the delay in Punkbuster checking and the fps fix the game will be much smoother!!!

Thanks again!!

Comment

One question this is about changing the Punkbuster checking time.. I wanted to do this.. But can you ensure me that this is legal and will not get me a PB Kick/Ban?

Comment

It is allowed Komet.

Comment

This has been around since the BF42 days , Been using it since then . Allso somone said set it to 60 instead of 500. Havent done it since i formatted few weeks ago . Think this time ill try 60 for the hell of it .

Comment

i tried it a while ago and havent noticed a single difference

Comment

Originally posted by KoMeT*[NL]
                  One question this is about changing the Punkbuster checking time.. I wanted to do this.. But can you ensure me that this is legal and will not get me a PB Kick/Ban?
                  Since it is listed on the Punkbuster FAQ page, I doubt that it will cause problems. Here is the info:
                  Experiment with the pb_sleep setting ... try setting it to 20, 250, or 500 to see if that affects your game performance. A few players have reported that all the problems go away when they "tweak" this setting.

Comment

I used to use 500..now I use 60 and I haven't really noticed a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
                      I used to use 500..now I use 60 and I haven't really noticed a difference.
                      Oh ya it was you who said 60 lol :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper1432
                        hey all i learned this tip off a thread in this forum to fet better fps at the begining of the game type in pb_sleep500 and to save it type in pb_writecfg i had noticable nore fps went from 40ish to 60_70ish
                        when and where exactly do we type this??? when its saying ea games or dice or during video or while loging in what? ??

Comment

Originally posted by nerble
                          when and where exactly do we type this??? when its saying ea games or dice or during video or while loging in what? ??
                          Ingame you bring up the console (by clicking ยง), type it and hit the enter key.

Comment

Can anyone explain what this command does? There is nothing worse than a hyped up command that supposedly boosts FPS significantly, so an explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

basically on default when pb_sleep is at 20, i believe is that every 20 seconds, PB will scan ur computer, but setting it to 500, itll lower (legally) the amount of times PB will scan ur computer thus improving performance since u dont have something scanning ur hd every 20 seconds

Comment

Working...
                              X