Faulting Application Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faulting Application Error

All of the sudden.... most of my programs... (IE, Gamespy Arcade, BF2, Prey, Nero, Media Player) seem to crash for NO reason. I get errors like this at random times.

Faulting application prey.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module prey.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x000b0345.

Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 6.0.2600.0, faulting module mshtml.dll, version 6.0.2716.2200, fault address 0x00053b1e.

I hear this is something to do with a SP2 bug.

I have XP Home SP2 with all the updates & this has recently started to happen with a recent hotfix, yet im unsure which one it was, and if i did know how do i uninstall the hotfixes?

can anyone shed a light on this issue?

Thanks

Nobody here know the answer?

Re: Faulting Application Error

Do a Virus and Spyware check. There are good Freeware Virus-scanners available.
    (I use Bit Defender but there are others around. Use Google to find one and go for it. There are also Internat-based Scanners from Symantec)

Worste Case: Your RAM is faulty.

Comment

Re: Faulting Application Error

nope done virus, malware,adware scans, no probs And i hardly find that my RAM is faulty, its been working fine for the past yr, when i did not have SP2 installed.

Soon as i update to SP2 & all the hot fixes i get these ****ty errors

I have read there is some bugs in SP2 that cause this error, but i havent found any answers yet.

BUMP, I find it lovely that only one person resides to attempt to answer my problem, and i go out of my way to input on everyone else's post.

Comment

Working...
      X