Is it just me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me?

Is it just me or is every body suddenly becoming a sniper....
    It when from an underplayed kit to a whored kit....

Re: Is it just me?

Well, not recently exactly, but immediately after the previous patch that excluded claymores (and AT mines) from the FF rule, there seemed to be a huge jump in snipers, and that increase has been pretty much maintained sadly. (God, I hate claymores now.)

Comment

All the way from day one the release of the game ive always seen plenty of snipers ingame i blame the M95 for that and the ability to tk teamamtes out of vehicals.

Comment

cant say i noticed it myself,but i do play sniper all the time anyway

Comment

Dunno about servers outside New Zealand or Australia, but I saw an increase with the advent of the FF disabled claymores, and when players were trying out the new sniper unlock.

On nearly all the servers in N.Z. and Oz, they changed back to FF-ON for mines and claymores, so we don't really have the "clay-whore" issue, which means the amount of snipers isn't very different from when I first started playing BF2.

...I think the most noticable kit increase was with the support after 1.2 patch - when we had the "100-round fully automatic sniper rifle" aka, the pkm.

Comment

i only played sniper kit to get the shiny expert badge, now that i got it a few days ago i'll probably never touch that kit again

Comment

Well I have sort of. I hate the ones that lay claymores near a flag kill 2 ppl then lay two more. The ones that actually snipe I dont mind

Comment

ever since they released the l96 and made the snipers a bit more accurate, i saw a small influx of snipers, but thatdoesnt mean its a whored kit. it still takes 2 hits to kill someone with a sniper rifle and thats 2 hits with a bolt action slow rifle, and the only prob with the sniper class is its non-destructable claymores but i havnt seen alot lately

Comment

Don't complain - they're easier to kill.

Comment

I also play sniper alot and noticed a little bit of an increase, but it doesn't really matter to me. Sniper vs. Sniper is fun.

Comment

I like snipers, that means more knife kills for me!

Comment

Claymore spamming snipers are a new breed since 1.3.

Comment

sniper is my most played kit, i love sniper. i have in every fps ive ever played since i was just a wee lad with a hand cannon. and honestly...i hardly touch the claymores. i do just fine without them, the only time i ever use them is to block a ladder or a doorway thats out of my view. and rarely ever do i use both of them.

Comment

I think you answer your own question OP. I think so many people have not used it early on. They are looking to mix it up a little. Playing the kit they used the least before (sniper kit). I am one of these people. I have over 200 hours as engi, over 100 as medic and spec ops. 25 a sniper. I just find myself choosing sniper more often these days to mix it up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. SuperTyphoon
                              Claymore spamming snipers are a new breed since 1.3.

I really don't think deploying their TWO claymores can be considered spam.

Comment

Working...
                              X